Contribute
Register

Not Shy's Guide - Potentially Fix Bluetooth Sleep/Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the forums here.

I have been fighting with bluetooth for a while as well. I have a Sitecom bluetooth dongle with CSR chipset. At first I had some problems with reconnecting a magic mouse after waking from sleep or after booting which I resolved as I will explain. I tried a lot of different fixes. Notshy's fix didn't work for my CSR dongle. The approach explained here:
http://prasys.info/2011/04/fixing-csr-bluetooth-in-osx/
didn't work for me either. It uses a legacy kext (is that the correct term?) to force the use of the generic Apple bluetooth driver.

While this didn't work, I decided to give the other driver a shot. To this end I deleted the CSR drivers from /S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily/PlugIns. This forced the dongle to use the AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController instead of the CSR ones (I didn't even have to add vendor and device ID's!). Apparently those are better Apple native kexts, as now I can reconnect without trouble after sleep, and my MM connects quickly after boot. I cannot wake from sleep though, but still a huge improvement over having to repair my mouse after waking from sleep each time.

I hope this helps to improve CSR support.

Ps. Is there anyone who could explain how these legacy kexts should work? Maybe with proper info injection, waking from sleep will be possible for CSR dongles as well.

Sudds said:
Unfortunatly not, power pc apps no longer work on lion, but... after wake from sleep, as i mentioned, all gestures no longer work but if i unplug the belkin then reinsert all functions return. :crazy:

Also, if you send me your D Link I can flash it for you.

I'm using a IOGEAR GBU421W6 and it works flawlessly with AnV's kext. Now I can check the wakeup from Bluetooth option and even turn it off completely (never worked before) Highly recommended!!!

BRILLIANT! Thanks guys! Working great with Belkin Mini F8T016 - but i guess we already knew that (wiki)

:headbang: :thumbup: :headbang: :thumbup: :headbang: :thumbup: :headbang:

Sudds said:
Success :headbang: No more sleep or missing gesture problems.
Only way to go is a bluetooth module out of an old mac. :thumbup: :cool:

It is the way forward.

Hil a,,

i've got
Belkin F8T016
Apple slim wireless jeyboard
Appe magic mouse

using the trick, i now have the "allow to wake" button.

Wake works by pressing key on the keyboard,

but the mouse doesn't work anymore. I need to unplug the BT adapter or restart the computer !!

Help me !, i need a fix ;)

Pre my apple BT adapter I used the belkin.

I came up with a process to restart adapter on wakeup, have a search on here. If you can't find it I will post a link when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back