Xeon x5460
Graphics
Nvidia GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi friends,
months ago I mounted succesfully a hackintosh for my wife and it has worked perfectly until tonight.
I wanted to install the drivers for a usb wifi and after installing it has not started anymore. Every time I try to boot it gets a different message.,
What do you recommend me to do? I can enter clover's boot configurator (legacy) but I don't know what have to do. I can also connect the hard disk to a linux and rename or delete kext files, but I don't know if that's what to do or not.

This is the package I've installed :https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover/releases/tag/V8

The worst of all is that my wife needs the mac to connect to her work and now she is without a computer and I'm going to die :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2 X Xeon E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi friends
We are not friends, you only get in touch when you want something :)

The linked package installs two kexts (RtWlanU.kext and RtWlanU1827.kext) to the EFI partition in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. There is also a StatusBarApp.app which is probably installed to /Applications on the system disk (or maybe /Applications/Utilities).
Removing these items should reverse the effects of installation.

Alternatively, restore your backup.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
CPU
Xeon x5460
Graphics
Nvidia GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
We are not friends, you only get in touch when you want something :)
Sorry, I only pretended to be correct
I didn't make any copies of the EFI partition or the config.plist, I was very naive ...
I've deleted the two kexts and doesn't boot, it hangs at "PCI configuration begin" message.

My boots args that works fine until yestarday are:
-v dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev=1 -no_compat_check

I've tested PCIRootUID=1 but not boot. :cry::cry::cry:

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra - OC 0.6.8
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry, I only pretended to be correct
I didn't make any copies of the EFI partition or the config.plist, I was very naive ...
I've deleted the two kexts and doesn't boot, it hangs at "PCI configuration begin" message.

My boots args that works fine until yestarday are:
-v dart=0 npci=0x2000 nvda_drv=1 kext-dev=1 -no_compat_check

I've tested PCIRootUID=1 but not boot. :cry::cry::cry:

Hi there.

Two ways into your system to repair the damage:

1) Boot into the Recovery partition and use Terminal to rebuild your kext caches. As you have deleted the kexts this should clear all traces. The command is: sudo kextcache -I /

2) Boot your system using your UniBeast installer USB stick. Then run the Terminal command and drag the StatusBarApp.app @P1LGRIM points out, into Trash.

You don't state which model wireless you are trying to install. I have found that the TP-Link drivers work well as long as you choose the correct version number for your adapter when downloading. They changed the brand/model of chipset occasionally.

:)

Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
CPU
Xeon x5460
Graphics
Nvidia GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
thanks for your replies.
I've booted with a usb live ubuntu and I've found a copy of my config.plist from a few months later, I copied to a EFI partition and I've booted!!!
When I booted I deleted StatusBarApp.app and did the command sudo kextcache -I / but the commands returns "not work to do" hackintosh

But when I edit the config.plist boot section to set a timeout and boot automatically from my volume, when I set my volume:
<string>SSD Mac OS Sierra</string>

It doesn't boot, but when it's "LastBootedVolume" I've to press enter to boot. My volume name is correct.
I dont' understand because cannot boot automatically as before if the boot section is correct.

Thanks people

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thanks for your replies.
I've booted with a usb live ubuntu and I've found a copy of my config.plist from a few months later, I copied to a EFI partition and I've booted!!!
When I booted I deleted StatusBarApp.app and did the command sudo kextcache -I / but the commands returns "not work to do" hackintosh

But when I edit the config.plist boot section to set a timeout and boot automatically from my volume, when I set my volume:
<string>SSD Mac OS Sierra</string>

It doesn't boot, but when it's "LastBootedVolume" I've to press enter to boot. My volume name is correct.
I dont' understand because cannot boot automatically as before if the boot section is correct.

Thanks people
it is:

sudo kextcache -i /

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
it is:

sudo kextcache -i /

True. My bad. Apologies. Sorry to have lead the OP astray. Auto-Capitalisation on this darned tablet ...

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS

UtterDisbelief

Motherboard
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
GT710 - 1920x1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
ASUS P5KPL-AM SE
CPU
Xeon x5460
Graphics
Nvidia GT 610
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all
Now I can boot, but not automatically. If I edit the config.plist and put my volume name on string section, it doesn't boot. Before installing the Wi-Fi drivers I had it like this and it worked fine.

I did sudo kextcache -i / with this result:

Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
KernelCache ID: FD25179D435F32D552C5DF057EBDEB38
symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

What can I do to boot automatically and not crash?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.