Contribute
Register

Not able to boot os-x el-capitan on hp probook 4540s after fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hp probook 4540s
CPU
Core i3 (3rd Gen)
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I am using hp probook 4540s. I can boot from clover partition of my USB drive. But after completing installation guide and installing hp probook installer clover edition 6.4.4. When I restart my laptop it it shwed me boot screen to select boot partition. And upon selection of correct partition it shows apple logo for 2-3 seconds and disappears and then nothing shows up. Laptop doesn't start even after waiting for long time.

Attaching screen shot of boot option. I don't understand why it is showing this many boot option even after formating my hard drive. I think this is the issue.
DSC_1645.jpg

Hi,

I am using hp probook 4540s. I can boot from clover partition of my USB drive. But after completing installation guide and installing hp probook installer clover edition 6.4.4. When I restart my laptop it it shwed me boot screen to select boot partition. And upon selection of correct partition it shows apple logo for 2-3 seconds and disappears and then nothing shows up. Laptop doesn't start even after waiting for long time.

Attaching screen shot of boot option. I don't understand why it is showing this many boot option even after formating my hard drive. I think this is the issue.
View attachment 159448View attachment 159448

Looks like you have Windows installed (and perhaps Ubuntu). Read the relevant dual-boot info in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't want windows and Ubuntu now on this laptop. Is there a way to remove other boot options

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't want windows and Ubuntu now on this laptop. Is there a way to remove other boot options

Did you already remove Windows and Ubuntu?

There are no Microsoft or Ubuntu boot files present. You can clean your BIOS boot entries with efibootmgr in Linux.

Can I clear all the boot entries and again install osx from start?
If not then which entry should I keep?

Can I clear all the boot entries and again install osx from start?
If not then which entry should I keep?

You can clear any entries you don't want. But set an entry for Clover: \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI.

You can set that entry right within the ProBook BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back