Contribute
Register

NootedRed — AMD Radeon Graphics — macOS Sonoma

I'm not sure, someone else brought it up earlier in the thread. I found this on another system after a search.
View attachment 579272

May be we can achieve VDA acceleration by making changes in config.plist or something like that?

or it may be the system problem or MacOS version which is not supporting VDA.

There was an update to NootedRed yesterday, the 'svenstaro/upload-release-action from 2.7.0 to 2.9.0' edition is working fine on my GenMachine Ren5000 with the 5700U, I will update my sig build later. No hints on 14.4 compatibility yet, so I would hold off on updating Sonoma until we get some updates. If you have an Intel Wi-Fi/BT card installed itlwm.kext can also cause problems, the advice I read was to install the kext after installing 14.4. EdHawk wrote a great guide for installing Ventura on a GenMachine Ren7000 with a Ryzen 5 7530U, I'm currently using his EFI on my Ren5000 so I guess it's good for Sonoma too.

Last edited:
There was an update to NootedRed yesterday, the 'svenstaro/upload-release-action from 2.7.0 to 2.9.0' edition is working fine on my GenMachine Ren5000 with the 5700U, I will update my sig build later. No hints on 14.4 compatibility yet, so I would hold off on updating Sonoma until we get some updates. If you have an Intel Wi-Fi/BT card installed itlwm.kext can also cause problems, the advice I read was to install the kext after installing 14.4. EdHawk wrote a great guide for installing Ventura on a GenMachine Ren7000 with a Ryzen 5 7530U, I'm currently using his EFI on my Ren5000 so I guess it's good for Sonoma too.

Please attach Hackintool Screenshots and tell me that "VDA Decoder Failed" issue fixed or not
on Ryzen 5000G in MacOS Sonoma.

I don't own a 5000G series, but I do have a 5700U APU and I'm saddened to say VDA decoding has failed!.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 9.56.29 AM.png

I think Ryzen Apu's don't support many Decoders.
That's why it always failed.

I think Ryzen Apu's don't support many Decoders.
That's why it always failed.
That's not strictly correct.

The AMD APU's support a number of different Decoders, but not necessarily the ones used in macOS. The Decoding software expects an Intel or more recently an Apple Silicon graphics processor to be present for Decoding tasks. Which the Mac software is written to utilise.

Which specific Decoding tasks are you looking to undertake and which software are you hoping to use in macOS?

but how this can be possible in this post.
VDA Decoder fully Supported on Ryzen 5 5600G with iGpu in macOS Ventura.

Attachments

• 1690041510313.png
    1690041510313.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 14
The SMBIOS is different in that picture, iMac18,1. Have you tried it?.

yes,i tried everything but cannot get VDA full support.

Maybe an older version of the kext.

Back