Contribute
Register

NootedRed — AMD Radeon Graphics — macOS Sonoma

This function could have been provided in an older version of the NootedRed kext. But you probably need to add a discrete GPU (Polaris or newer) to get full support for VDA decoding on an AMD hack.

That screenshot doesn't show the lower section of the tab, which would confirm if there was a dGPU present in the system when the screenshot was captured.

This screenshot would have you believe that VDA Decoding was working with the AMD Ryzen 5 5600G APU.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 16.17.13.png Essential information hidden due to sizing of window.

This is the lower section of the System information tab, showing that a Vega 56/64 dGPU is present in the system.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 16.19.19.png Essential information regarding graphics setup.

It is relatively easy to make something look one way, when in fact there is another device present in the system that actually provides that functionality.

I'll ask again:
Which specific Decoding tasks are you looking to undertake and which software are you hoping to use in macOS?

Which specific Decoding tasks are you looking to undertake and which software are you hoping to use in macOS?
No,i don't wanted to do specific Decoding tasks but only wanted to know this all information about iGpu.
Thanks for the correct information.

More updates available for NootedRed, 'Misc fixes' and 'Update all the copyright dates' editions were released yesterday. Since the 'Fix Renoir driver settings' update, my 4700G has got quite the bump in performance, SD is quicker, gaming looks smoother and Sonoma looks better.

So is nootedred working with Sonoma 14.4 yet? If so, can someone upload a copy of the new text? Thank you.

So is nootedred working with Sonoma 14.4 yet? If so, can someone upload a copy of the new text? Thank you.
go here:

choose the top option, for example:
1.jpg

then click on Artifact:

2.jpg

then it will download the kext for you

you need to be logged into github to be able to download the kext

The 'Doesn't work with Sonoma 14.4' problem has been removed from the Issues list for both NootedRed and NootRX. I'm aware of the 'to do' before updating, but I still bricked the 5700U and I don't want to brick the 4700G!, so I can't comment on its functionality yet. Renoir APUs have seen a bump in performance though, my 4700G is benching higher in GB, BaseMark GPU and Unigene Vally. What is really noticeable though is that transition from animated screen saver to desktop, super smooth!.

Another update!, the 'Update README to reflect code changes' edition came out a couple of hours ago and all seems to be working well. I haven't been so afraid of visiting the screen saver window in System Settings recently, seems well behaved at the moment. Interesting note in Discussions mentioning a V.2 of the website coming soon, possibly coinciding with the release of version 2 of the kext?.

Thanks! I'm now rocking Sonoma 14.4 with full acceleration on my 5600G.
Good job!, did you do anything special to your EFi?. I know about setting SecureBoot to disabled and updating the itlwm kexts. I’m attempting a clean install of 14.4.1

Back