Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX-1070
Greetings,

I posted this question elsewhere, but I think I may have chosen the wrong forum location

Like many others here 20+ year Mac user ready to build my own.

I do what I would consider fairly light 4K editing (No Features...) and run the X-Plane simulator. I'm currently on a Mac 1,1 with a whopping 4GB of RAM (don't beat me up... I've been busy for a few years lol!)

Naturally anything will be an improvement but my question is will this Mobo
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra work for my needs with the proper GPU -- I'm thinking a 980 and 32GB of RAM, SSD etc.?

Yes, it's on the Buyers Guide list, but when I get to Amazon, I have several choices that are little more expensive, but I'm not sure if the configurations are better simply because they cost more.

As far as I know, X-Plane does NOT support SLI, so I don't really need that feature, and my NLE of choice is Premiere Pro CS6 because I dislike the Adobe subscription model. I am willing to switch back to Final Cut, but don't really want to.

Any enlightenment / advice will be greatly appreciated.

TIA

An overclocked I7-6700K and that Z170X board with 32 GB would put you way ahead of your MP 1,1s performance. Should work great with a 980 after you install Nvidia web drivers.

An overclocked I7-6700K and that Z170X board with 32 GB would put you way ahead of your MP 1,1s performance. Should work great with a 980 after you install Nvidia web drivers.

Thanks much, moving ahead. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back