Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I pulled a mothball machine that was retired a few years ago because it would not work with the apple store. An old Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Core 2 Quad Q9650 with an Nvidia G650 or 640 I cant find the label. So I set it up with El-Capitan using Unibeast, Clover and Legacy Mode. The system ran through setup fine but when it came to rebooting and setting it up the screen would go blank. I went through this twice, and noticed the caps lock on the keyboard worked so the machine might not have crashed. I rebooted the drive over USB on a mac mini and did the post install with Multibeast, then moved it back to the original machine. I tried with and without installing the Nvidia drivers both setups do the same thing (boot see gray apple screen then screen goes black half way through). The big trick is I turned on remote desktop. Now I can boot the hackintosh and remote in. Because this is box is going to be a headless server this is an annoyance not a game changer, plus iTunes works downloading movies and sharing out the video collection to AppleTV's using home share, which is the primary goal.

So I am here the system works for its intended purpose. However when I remote in video is frustrantly slow, I can barely scroll. I know its the machine as remote desktop to another mac works fine. The video card shows NVidia 0MB of Vram.

So here is the question. Is it work maybe screwing up the entire install to try to fix the vram issue or should I just let it be and move on with life. I am so happy to have the machine working again. If I was to fix it which video fix should I go for.

So I pulled a mothball machine that was retired a few years ago because it would not work with the apple store. An old Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, Core 2 Quad Q9650 with an Nvidia G650 or 640 I cant find the label. So I set it up with El-Capitan using Unibeast, Clover and Legacy Mode. The system ran through setup fine but when it came to rebooting and setting it up the screen would go blank. I went through this twice, and noticed the caps lock on the keyboard worked so the machine might not have crashed. I rebooted the drive over USB on a mac mini and did the post install with Multibeast, then moved it back to the original machine. I tried with and without installing the Nvidia drivers both setups do the same thing (boot see gray apple screen then screen goes black half way through). The big trick is I turned on remote desktop. Now I can boot the hackintosh and remote in. Because this is box is going to be a headless server this is an annoyance not a game changer, plus iTunes works downloading movies and sharing out the video collection to AppleTV's using home share, which is the primary goal.

So I am here the system works for its intended purpose. However when I remote in video is frustrantly slow, I can barely scroll. I know its the machine as remote desktop to another mac works fine. The video card shows NVidia 0MB of Vram.

So here is the question. Is it work maybe screwing up the entire install to try to fix the vram issue or should I just let it be and move on with life. I am so happy to have the machine working again. If I was to fix it which video fix should I go for.
With web drivers installed changed boot flag to nvda_drv=1? also make sure inject nvidia is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back