Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here goes. These files were made with an untouched AppleHDA Extension and the linked config.plist file and of course the SSDT file you linked
Your dsdt does not have HDEF, Clover edit.
Add the Rename ALZA to HDEF patch back.
Replace the ssdt with the attached.
Reply with new files.

Attachments

• SSDT-2.aml.zip
    380 bytes · Views: 79
Added the patch back. Renamed and replaced the old SSDT file with the new one.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.5 KB · Views: 227
  • debug.log
    29.6 KB · Views: 127
  • nerima.ioreg
    9.4 MB · Views: 98
My screen is connected via display port since it's a 4k display. It does have speakers, which are working just fine under windows. The sound preference does show neither hdmi nor dp. After running the command the sound preference shows me the 4 options i had before (internal speakers, 2x line out, digital out).

I also plugged in speakers into the green head phone jack in the back. Oh and iTunes is refusing to playback a file. The bar just stands still at 0:00.

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output.txt
    2 KB · Views: 126
  • nerima.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 126
  • debug.log
    30 KB · Views: 111
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 214
I had the disk utility fix the permissions on my boot drive. I ran both those commands:

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions

Both telling me kindly that

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67054 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA12 for kext AppleHDA.kext

was noticed and I hope allowed due to the boot argument. The sound preference is still showing all devices besides the HDMI/DP audio but none of them work and iTunes is still refusing.

Attachments

• nerima.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 93
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 203
  • debug.log
    28.8 KB · Views: 103
Ok here is the screen shot. In the interest of full disclosure I also made new copies of IOReg with iTunes open and at least pretending to play back.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 09.15.20.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 09.15.20.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 148
  • nerima.ioreg
    9.8 MB · Views: 108
  • config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 128
  • debug.log
    29.1 KB · Views: 118
Welp, I uninstalled Android Studio a few days ago, and haven't had any issues since. (will be updating my post with this note).

Very strange... like, hair-pullingly.

Hooked up Logitech C270 Webcam... it's broken again...
(Original post with full details of issue: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143750-no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide-11.html#post961065)

UPDATE
Huh... never mind, seems to be working fine; had a momentary issue after I installed it, nothing since.

Last edited:
Ok here is the screen shot. In the interest of full disclosure I also made new copies of IOReg with iTunes open and at least pretending to play back.

I have exact the same problem except having radeon 6850 and direct green output connection to loudspeakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back