Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I do not have any audio output nor does my my Audio Preferences Pane include the DP Audio / HDMI Audio

2. OSX 10.10.1 / Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 / Bios Version F11 / Intel 5930K / Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

3. I followed this tutorial http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...herboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a-23.html here

4. I pretty much tried every combination of System Preferences and Audio Jacks on my main board. So far.

I attempted to hear sounds by playing a file from vlc. iTunes and QuickTime won't start playing back files to me. Meaning both playback bars don't move.

Plus i also placed the SSDT.aml (from the chimera part, since the link in the clover part doesn't work / exist) File from that tutorial within the EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder. Do i need to add that file to a config file or will clover detect this file on it's own?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 16.59.42.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 16.59.42.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 141
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 16.59.24.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-15 at 16.59.24.png
    467.6 KB · Views: 125
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
  • Luca’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 113
  • Luca’s Mac Pro.iojones
    970.4 KB · Views: 103
  • config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 242
3. I followed this tutorial
config.plist and AppleHDA appear correct. IOReg shows the ssdt is not from the thread linked above (link fixed). Install the correct ssdt and restart. Reply with new IOReg, installed ssdt and dsdt.

So i downloaded the file from the tutorial which you updated. I also linked it in the attachment as you said. Besides the SSDT.aml (i also booted with it named SSDT-1.aml) the /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched is empty. I did not add any DSDT files any where and so far I have only read something DSDT related in Clover Configurator, where I added the "Rename ALZA to HDEF" patch. The ioreg attachment was made with the file being called SSDT.aml, in the hope of that making no difference, but i'd be happy to make another copy.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Luca’s Mac Pro-new.ioreg
    8 MB · Views: 104
  • SSDT.aml
    467 bytes · Views: 120
The ioreg attachment was made with the file being called SSDT.aml.
IOReg and ssdt do not match. The attached ssdt is correct. The system is loading a different ssdt; find and remove. Install your attached ssdt to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml assuming there is no other ssdt.

With an empty /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, MaciASL/File/Export Tableset...., attach file.

Here is the acpi file generated by simply opening MaciASL with an empty patched folder. I am still looking for some other SSDT file. Haven't found one so far. Does clover maybe generate a default one? the settings set in the SSDT section can be seen in the screenshot i made. Or maybe within the OEM folder? there is another acpi/patched folder down there.

Attachments

• nerima.acpi
    237.2 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 00.16.06.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-16 at 00.16.06.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 129
Here is the acpi file generated by simply opening MaciASL.
Clover is patching the dsdt, set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (All). Reply with new IOReg.
Try again with MaciASL/File/Export Tableset...., attach file.

So I removed every fix from he config.plist file. I added the config.plist to make sure.

Also both acpi and the ioreg were created while the SSDT.aml file was within the patched folder.

Attachments

• nerima.ioreg
    7.9 MB · Views: 128
  • nerima.acpi
    237 KB · Views: 96
  • config.plist
    4.7 KB · Views: 228
So in the mean time I reinstalled my OS in the hopes it might fix things. So the only things I did before installing toleda's patch is installing is installing graphics driver and installing clover with the kernel extensions I need (voodootscsync, fakesmc and intel gbit ethernet). DPCIManager still tells me that there are two audio interfaces, one recognised as the alc1150. The script works fine however when i reboot i encounter the kernel panic down there.

any help is very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    910.9 KB · Views: 99
when i reboot i encounter the kernel panic down there.
Cannot read the screenshot; zooming makes it blur. To date, the script does not cause a KP; the result of an audio problem is no audio.

You have dsdt/HDEF, first time on a x99 dsdt. Edit the following:
config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches
1. Remove Rename ALZA to HDEF patch
2. Add:
Comment: Rename H000 to GFX0
Find: 48303030
Replace: 47465830
3. Add:
Comment: Rename H001 to HDAU
Find: 48303031
Replace: 48444155

Rename attached SSDT-2.aml to SSDT.aml and replace installed EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml

Reply with new config.plist, IOReg and debug.log

Attachments

• SSDT-2.aml.zip
    380 bytes · Views: 84
Here goes. These files were made with an untouched AppleHDA Extension and the linked config.plist file and of course the SSDT file you linked. the kext patch regarding AppleHDAController from 208C to 208D is was also in place.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 119
  • debug.log
    29.4 KB · Views: 115
  • nerima.ioreg
    9.3 MB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back