Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, it works with VoodooHDA, so its not the end of the world, but it is "so close" with native sound I figured it was something I am missing or some pin configuration or something. Too bad I can't take what voodoo does and apply its fixes to mine. Thanks for your help neway.

After installing the ALC1150 driver via MultiBeast the only port working is the F_PANEL "Headphone port" which gives me an audio output. Some of the ports don't seem to have mapped correctly to what's actually shown in the Sound preference panel.

I would like to get all ports working especially the rear line out so I can plug my speakers in the back and my headphones in the front.

If we could also get the HDMI Audio from the GPU working as well that'd be superb!

OSX Version: 10.10.4
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII IMPACT (ALC1150).
BIOS Version:
Processor (CPU): Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics (GPU): Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 GAMING

Screenshots
lRAKHQc.png
XhOX0xJ.png
ccmvNIj.png

Ports shown in Sound panel
Output
  • Headphones <= Working
  • Line Out
  • Line Out
  • Digital Out
Input
  • Internal Microphone

Actual ports on motherboard
Front Panel
  • Headphones <= Working
  • Mic In
Rear Panel
  • Line Out
  • Line In
  • Mic In
  • Digital Out
:beachball:

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • IOReg_log.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 88
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    762 bytes · Views: 227
Actual ports on motherboard
Front Panel
  • Headphones <= Working
  • Mic In
Rear Panel
  • Line Out
  • Line In
  • Mic In
  • Digital Out
Audi is working as designed.
Headphones mute Internal Speakers/motherboard green rear
Line In and Mic In are Input not Output.

toleda

there have been many problems with Asus X99 ALC1150 and nobody I found with a solution. The audio was breaking and youtube/video would freeze with no audio (even though audio installed). Here is files and install guide for ALC1150 on several Asus X99 boards that were successful for users on my X99-E WS install guide post. It has everything in it somebody could ask for including necessary files and is very easy install. It is a combination of your method and multibeast HDAEnabler1. I don't know exactly why it works, but it does. You may be able to figure out quickly why it works from the many files I included so you can advise others what is relevant. I have DPCI, IoRegistry, HardwareProfile, screenshots of everything cloverconfigurator/SSDT.aml/multibeast/kextbeast. I also have the necessary files. Basically install the included SSDT.aml (from toleda) into EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder and use kextbeast to install HDAEnabler1.kext (from multibeast) and AppleHDA.kext (from toleda) into S/L/E. Repair permissions and restart. Thanks for all your work! The files should be good to go as is even for users to try on their Asus X99 if you don't have time to review it :)

View attachment Asus x99 Clover ALC1150 - spec X99EWS.zip

Here is files and install guide for ALC1150 on several Asus X99 boards that were successful
Thanks for this valuable information.
If you have time and interest, additional experiments would be very helpful.

For each experiment, note audio working and attach an IOReg:
A. SSDT and HDAEnabler1 inject Audio ID: 1, use one or the other
1. Remove SSDT and restart
2. Replace SSDT, remove HDAEnabler1 and restart

B. Your choice of SSDT or HDAEnabler, test other versions of MultiBeast/AppleHDA.kext with audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip (attach the patched AppleHDA.kext)
3. 10.9.5 (currently working)
4. 10.10/MultiBeast 7.0 (No Enabler, use EFI selection)
5. 10.10.1/MultiBeast 7.1 (If 10.10 and 10.10.1/No sound, no need to test further)
6. 10.10,2/MultiBeast 7.2
7. 10.10.3/MultiBeast 7.3
8. 10.10.4/MultiBeast 7.4
9. 10.10.5/MultiBeast 7.5

Thanks for this valuable information.
If you have time and interest, additional experiments would be very helpful.

For each experiment, note audio working and attach an IOReg:
A. SSDT and HDAEnabler1 inject Audio ID: 1, use one or the other
1. Remove SSDT and restart
2. Replace SSDT, remove HDAEnabler1 and restart

B. Your choice of SSDT or HDAEnabler, test other versions of MultiBeast/AppleHDA.kext with audio_alc_x99-hda-100_patch.command.zip (attach the patched AppleHDA.kext)
3. 10.9.5 (currently working)
4. 10.10/MultiBeast 7.0 (No Enabler, use EFI selection)
5. 10.10.1/MultiBeast 7.1 (If 10.10 and 10.10.1/No sound, no need to test further)
6. 10.10,2/MultiBeast 7.2
7. 10.10.3/MultiBeast 7.3
8. 10.10.4/MultiBeast 7.4
9. 10.10.5/MultiBeast 7.5

Toleda

I have attached the results of the tests with all information you requested. MultiBeast 7.5 isn't up on the site yet for testing though. There is a readme file that describes all content and outcomes. I also gave the cloverconfig / plist pictures so you could see context of install. Here is outcome of tests on X99-E WS Asus MB that also worked on other X99 Asus boards.

Outcomes

(Failed - No Device and No Audio) The audio_alc_x99-hda100_patch.command method failed with both SSDT.aml and HDAEnabler1.kext.

(Worked - Yes Device and Yes Audio) I call the working patch method the 'unknown toleda patch method', because I am not sure how exactly it was patched. You might be able to check it out and know immediately (hint,hint: if you could let me know too, it'd be a huge help and I could test the full process from patching the native AppleHDA.kext). The 'unknown toleda patch method' worked with either of the SSDT.aml or HDAEnabler1.kext ( 7.1 / 7.2 / 7.3 / 7.4 ) <- ie choose one method

As always thanks a bunch for all your help and I hope this method survives El Capitan. I have put in too much work identifying workarounds for audio and thunderboltexii to lose it in El Capitan :rolleyes:

View attachment toleda Asus X99-E WS ALC1150 Audio Tests.zip

Hello with an MSI X99s Gaming 9 ACK, i7 5960x and 980ti, impossible to make sound work with ALC1150 on Yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover, some people say that it will work without flags npci=0x2000 but impossible for to boot without it, i try every "tuto" on your github and another, but i have always the same things, i have preferences in preferences settings>sound, but no sound...
Just voodooHDA work, i have big gain/scratch and very low sound, try to patch problem but always same thing....

Last edited:
Problem Reporting.

Weird cracking noises/audio degradation with Gigabyte Z97X UD5, CloverALC, Realtek 1150, 10.10.5.

All requested info attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back