Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, ended up fixing the damn thing :)
Basically removed the appleHDA.kext that i had, extracted the "native one" ... and applied your command patch.

I wasn't getting sound at first but because i had it connected to the wrong port. Not line in nor line out ... but RS out ...

Btw, is there any way of changing the port it is connected?

All IORegs say the same thing: a device is selected and no audio application is playing/using the connected speaker
How do I change this? I opened itunes, pressed "play" on an MP3. The "play" sign turns from "play" to "pause", indicating it's received my command. However, no sound comes out and the playhead does not move.

Videos have the exact same behavior. Press play, no movement or playback.

I borrowed a friend's Thunderbolt dock, (with sound card built in), selected it in system settings, did the same thing in itunes (pressed play), and the playhead moves and sound plays. But nothing comes out of my hardware.

Thanks

More than audio is broken; suggest a clean test install.
On my Windows PC, there was a time I selected an incompatible audio mode for my audio driver and this exact same thing happened. Videos and sound would not play. If I switch to a USB audio device on my Hackintosh, the videos and audio both play.

This is my 3rd install of OSX on this machine, and I have followed guides exactly. Is there any other files I can submit to you for testing?

Thanks for your attention to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back