Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I move my original request for help into the Surround guide?
You confirmed audio is working and you have sound.
MPlayerX is set up incorrectly; off topic.
To confirm optical works, run the same experiment for Optical that you used to show orange and black port work, (i.e., iTunes/stereo).

Did you follow the procedure noted (i.e., did you change audio device when you changed jack)?

Yes I did follow the procedure.
But than I still had no sound so I just tried all the other ports.
I even tried it with the lineout option in sound settings

forum won't let me attach a text file of the boot log, because it says it's too big.

I'm stumped.
Finder/File/Compress
You have selected a Line Out audio device and no audio is playing. How are you testing for sound?

You confirmed audio is working and you have sound.
MPlayerX is set up incorrectly; off topic.
To confirm optical works, run the same experiment for Optical that you used to show orange and black port work, (i.e., iTunes/stereo).

I indicated in #333 that stereo PCM over digital out (optical) does indeed work. MPlayerX was set up with respect to your instructions in the surround guide. Should I move my question to there?

I truly apologize if this issue doesn't fit the scope of this post.

I indicated in #333 that stereo PCM over digital out (optical) does indeed work. MPlayerX was set up with respect to your instructions in the surround guide. Should I move my question to there?

I truly apologize if this issue doesn't fit the scope of this post.

Update:

I realized I had neglected to change the audio output frequency to 48 kHz in Audio MIDI setup, so I've been able to narrow the issue down. At 48000.0 Hz, I've tested the following settings separately

• 2ch-16bit Integer: Receiver reports Dolby Digital [2/0] -> no sound
    • restart receiver, reports DD [3/2] with multi-channel decoding light, still no sound.
  • 2ch-20bit Integer: Receiver reports Dolby Digital [3/2] -> no sound
    • restart receiver, same thing, no sound
  • 2ch-24bit Integer: Receiver reports Dolby Digital [3/2] -> no sound
    • reboot receiver, same output, still no sound

I feel like this is progress because the receiver thinks it's receiving an AC3 signal, but there's nothing going over the wire. I've been able to test the same file with the same MPlayerX settings and 48 kHz 2ch-24 bit on my MacBook Pro 2010 with a mini-Toslink adapter, and I get full 5.1 output on my receiver (receiver displays Dolby Digital [3/2], multi-channel decoding light on).

Do you have any tips?

Finder/File/Compress
You have selected a Line Out audio device and no audio is playing. How are you testing for sound?

Headphones, both in the back green hole and in the front panel headphone slot. Also, my video doesn't play but scrubs fine, which I think is a symptom of an audio device problem.

When I plug my headphones in, I can do the action of turning sound up and down, so the system is recognizing a plug, but I hear no sounds ever.

Audio is configure correctly and working. No other ideas.

Any ideas to get sound out of my hackintosh?
would a soundcard or usb soundcard work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back