Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I made my very first hackintosh and that's 3 days I'm fighting with audio. Looks like I'm missing something and I hope you can fill the blanks :p

About my setup:
Lion 10.7.4 32 bit mode (boot options: arch=i386)
GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 F9
MultiBeast 4.6.1 with the right DSDT

I can't count how many times I tried through multi beast and audio:
System Utilities/Repair Permissions
Unified Device Injector/ALC8xxHDA
Pactched AppleHDA/ALC889

I checked the following files in S/L/E:
ALC8xxHDA.kext:
creation/modification: 24 06 2012 02:15 (=DD MM YYYY)
version:3.0.1
AppleHDA.kext:
creation/modification: 14 06 2012 23:55
version:2.2.0

You can find my IOReg dump here: Zippyshare.com - IOreg.zip

I don't have any clues of what's going on as everyone seems to get audio quite easily with that motherboard ;o

I checked the following files in S/L/E:
ALC8xxHDA.kext:
creation/modification: 24 06 2012 02:15 (=DD MM YYYY)
version:3.0.1
AppleHDA.kext:
creation/modification: 14 06 2012 23:55
version:2.2.0

I don't have any clues of what's going on as everyone seems to get audio quite easily with that motherboard ;o
Audio does not work when you install ALC8xxHDA and a Patched AppleHDA. ALC8xxHDA can only be installed with AppleHDA Rollback. Delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA. MultiBeast/System Utilities & Patched AppleHDA/ALC889. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/57737-easy-guide-multibeast-realtek-alc8xx-audio-lion.html

thanks Toleda but it's not working. As the guide says I might have broke something with my previous tries. Do you think the next update could erase my mistakes? I'd like to skip my third Lion reinstall :>

having same issues with GA-Z68x-ud3h-b3 (ALC889) after ML install... everything else works.
Tried DSDT ALC8XX and rollback option, and after wiping out the files from /S/L/E/, tried the patched version.. nothing works.

The system profile report shows the audio id as 892 where as I am supposed to have 889. This is the only thing that's broken and really hoping i don't have to re-install ML all over again. I actually upgraded from lion.

EDIT: Finally got it working... Had to delete "/System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler*.kext" and use MB and install the patched 889 kexts

thanks Toleda but it's not working. As the guide says I might have broke something with my previous tries. Do you think the next update could erase my mistakes? I'd like to skip my third Lion reinstall :>
Did you delete ALC8xxHDA? You installed two kexts that do not work together.

Did you delete ALC8xxHDA? You installed two kexts that do not work together.

Yes I did

EDIT: I gonna double check if I've not missed some *HDA* files but I'm pretty sure I'm okay

okay I got it up and running !

Actually I applied the right kext (patched HDA ACL889 only) but on reboot I had a crash message from BIOS (CMOS something) asking me to use the last known good configuration. Everytime I let it pass I got no audio even with the kext under S/L/E. Then I tried one more time and choose to use the default. It looked like a bad idea at first because I wasn't able to run Lion anymore (infinite splash screen). I tried to reinstall from my usb key and I didn't had any hard drives anymore. At that time I knew something was wrong and went to my bios settings. AHCI was replaced by IDE, I switched and here we go AUDIOOOO !!!

Coolpal,

Thanks for the tip. My problem was the same; I had more than one "/S/L/E/HDAEnabler*.kext" that needed to be deleted. I am not sure how they made it in there, but they are gone now,and I finally have audio using the patched 889 kext.

Thanks to all, especially to Toleda for the guides and edited kexts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back