Contribute
Register

No option to install in clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone help please

Last edited:
Someone help please

• If you had clicked the disk without UEFI prefix from F-12 Screen , that might be the problem.
  • If you had selected and clicked the UEFI USB Installer from F-12 Boot Device Selection screen and then getting a Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen without the USB installer icon as shown in the edited composite image, I am sorry, you need to create a new USB installer Flash disk
    • Don't use current Unibeast to create the Installer without the suggested troubleshoot : Can cause missing USB in CBM problem
    • Don't use the previous Clover EFI 4411 from Sourceforge.net as stand alone Clover EFI Bootloader.: same as above
  • Best to Partition and format a 16GB Flash disk with good flashing LED indicator in a RealMac's Disk Utility with GPT+HFS+J options to Partition and Format it and accepting the default name "Untitled".
  • Use CreateInstallMedia command on the Terminal using a genuine Install macOS High Sierra file from App Store.
    • Check shasum using terminal command if you have any doubt about the HS Installer in the Applications Folder:
      • shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
      • Wait a couple of minutes for a long alphanumeric string output.
      • Right click that and Search with Google to identify the associated macOS High Sierra and Version number of a genuine and full software download.
Run CreateInstalMedia cmd :
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

• Download Clover EFI from RehabMan Bucket Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip
  • Use the unzipped Clover EFI to install on the newly created macOS High Sierra Installer choosing "Customize" and top two options for UEFI in the next pop (Not the default Legacy) and then in drivers64UEFI > select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and then click Install
  • The EFI partition will be Automatically mounted on the Desktop for the FIRST and ONLY time as a white icon just like the white icon of USB installer Disk.
  • Click open EFI to Blue EFI Folder and inside that CLOVER Folder and then inside that find kexts/Other
  • Copy and Paste essential kexts like the latest FakeSMC.kext from RehabMan , your Ethernet kext from RehabMan or Tonymac Downloads .
  • I would recommend editing config.plist from within CLOVER using Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition) (CCV) to go to each menu from its LEFT panel but don't forget particularly Boot and Arguments select [√] Verbose (v) ;[√]dart=0 nv_disable=1
  • Go to Devices > USB section [√]Inject [√] Add ClockID [√]FixOwnership
  • RT Variables > CsrActiveConfig +0x67 [ located at Far Right Top corner]
  • SMBIOS Product Name :iMac14,2
  • Save the selected options using the 2nd arrow at the bottom left panel
  • Try using the above created USB installer .
Your BIOS options have some errors [See edited images]

Attachments

• 1.BIOS MIT.png
    1.BIOS MIT.png
    427.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 2.BIOS System.png
    2.BIOS System.png
    300 KB · Views: 147
  • 3.BIOS Features Boot Option Priorities.png
    3.BIOS Features Boot Option Priorities.png
    404 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.BIOS Features Other Options.png
    4.BIOS Features Other Options.png
    402.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 5.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    5.BIOS_Peripherals.png
    428.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 6.BIOS Peripherals Display and USB.png
    6.BIOS Peripherals Display and USB.png
    435 KB · Views: 145
  • 7,.BIOS Power Management.png
    7,.BIOS Power Management.png
    366 KB · Views: 134
  • 8.F12 Boot Device selectionScreen.png
    8.F12 Boot Device selectionScreen.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 9.CLOVER Boot Manager Screen.png
    9.CLOVER Boot Manager Screen.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 125
Got the same problem. SSD is recognized by the BIOS but not from the clover boot screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Running the "rm -rf ..." commands did the trick to get my SSD to be recognised. The problem now is that the process is identified as a restoration instead of installation and it tries to contact the server without success.

• If you had clicked the disk without UEFI prefix from F-12 Screen , that might be the problem.
  • If you had selected and clicked the UEFI USB Installer from F-12 Boot Device Selection screen and then getting a Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen without the USB installer icon as shown in the edited composite image, I am sorry, you need to create a new USB installer Flash disk
    • Don't use current Unibeast to create the Installer without the suggested troubleshoot : Can cause missing USB in CBM problem
    • Don't use the previous Clover EFI 4411 from Sourceforge.net as stand alone Clover EFI Bootloader.: same as above
  • Best to Partition and format a 16GB Flash disk with good flashing LED indicator in a RealMac's Disk Utility with GPT+HFS+J options to Partition and Format it and accepting the default name "Untitled".
  • Use CreateInstallMedia command on the Terminal using a genuine Install macOS High Sierra file from App Store.
    • Check shasum using terminal command if you have any doubt about the HS Installer in the Applications Folder:
      • shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
      • Wait a couple of minutes for a long alphanumeric string output.
      • Right click that and Search with Google to identify the associated macOS High Sierra and Version number of a genuine and full software download.
Run CreateInstalMedia cmd :
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app

• Download Clover EFI from RehabMan Bucket Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip
  • Use the unzipped Clover EFI to install on the newly created macOS High Sierra Installer choosing "Customize" and top two options for UEFI in the next pop (Not the default Legacy) and then in drivers64UEFI > select OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and then click Install
  • The EFI partition will be Automatically mounted on the Desktop for the FIRST and ONLY time as a white icon just like the white icon of USB installer Disk.
  • Click open EFI to Blue EFI Folder and inside that CLOVER Folder and then inside that find kexts/Other
  • Copy and Paste essential kexts like the latest FakeSMC.kext from RehabMan , your Ethernet kext from RehabMan or Tonymac Downloads .
  • I would recommend editing config.plist from within CLOVER using Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition) (CCV) to go to each menu from its LEFT panel but don't forget particularly Boot and Arguments select [√] Verbose (v) ;[√]dart=0 nv_disable=1
  • Go to Devices > USB section [√]Inject [√] Add ClockID [√]FixOwnership
  • RT Variables > CsrActiveConfig +0x67 [ located at Far Right Top corner]
  • SMBIOS Product Name :iMac14,2
  • Save the selected options using the 2nd arrow at the bottom left panel
  • Try using the above created USB installer .
Your BIOS options have some errors [See edited images]
Thank you very much for your very detailed answer. I was booting with the UEFI mode so I suppose I will need to make another bootable usb.

Also, the Init Display First configuration in my bios has no PCIE option, only a PCI one. Will that cause problems?

Last edited:
Thank you very much for your very detailed answer. I was booting with the UEFI mode so I suppose I will need to make another bootable usb.

Also, the Init Display First configuration in my bios has no PCIE option, only a PCI one. Will that cause problems?
Not PCI . Your BIOS may call PCIE as PEG
PEG Sets the PCI Express graphics card on the PCIEX16 slot as the first display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back