Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus z390-a
CPU
intel i5
Graphics
580x
Hi there, did my best to figure this out through searches but to no avail.

I upgraded from Lion to Yosemite, everything has been smooth except this video issue, but this is a biggie.

mobo: ga-ep45-ud3r
video card: GeForce GTX 560

The machine will boot with the flags "nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1" but obviously it will run like crap.
When booting with nv_disable but without kext-dev-mode, the machine will hang with a pinwheel at login.
Without nv_disable the monitor output will stop half way through the progress bar with the apple logo.

I have tried flags on GraphicsEnabler and already have PCIRootUID set in the bootloader.

Any ideas on what I should try?

Thanks in advance for any help and for reading this.

Same problem. No monitor output on GTX560Ti, but using Intel HD3000 HDMI onboard, everything is ok.
I can't understand that. Everything on Mavericks working flawlessly!!!

Hi there, did my best to figure this out through searches but to no avail.

I upgraded from Lion to Yosemite, everything has been smooth except this video issue, but this is a biggie.

mobo: ga-ep45-ud3r
video card: GeForce GTX 560

The machine will boot with the flags "nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1" but obviously it will run like crap.
When booting with nv_disable but without kext-dev-mode, the machine will hang with a pinwheel at login.
Without nv_disable the monitor output will stop half way through the progress bar with the apple logo.

I have tried flags on GraphicsEnabler and already have PCIRootUID set in the bootloader.

Any ideas on what I should try?

Thanks in advance for any help and for reading this.

Okay I have a similar system with an EP45-DS3R motherboard with older GPUs (8800 GTS, 9600 GT and 8400 GS). I have run everything from SL to Yosemite on this thing at one time or another.

I recently went from Mavericks 10.9.5 to Yosemite. I did the Yosemite install using Chameleon r2401 as it had support for booting into Yosemite (this was before Tony released UniBeast and MultiBeast for Yosemite). Any way one of the reasons that Mavericks and Yosemite boot and run so well is the DSDT.aml that I have brought foreward through each release.

I have also installed Yosemite using Clover as the boot loader (legacy mode) but that is another story.

My question when I read your post is "are you using the DSTD.aml for your motherboard and bios version?"

And while not on this machine, I have seen where a GPU card gets lost and does not output to the port(s) as it had recently. So far I have recovered these cards by trying to boot each of the ports on the card. Usually one port will display POST and switch into graphics properly.

In your case I would suggest that you go back to your Lion backup and check out your GPU there.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back