Contribute
Register

no luck with Unibeast installation on Asus Maximus Formula IV - 4770k - GTX 780TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 / GTX 1050 (Disabled)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi Guys,

I've spent all night yesterday trying to get OSX on my setup, but seem to be stuck @ the apple logo during initial installation.

What I've done so far:

-created Unibeast USB without legacy support with OSX 10.10.5
-Loaded Optimised Motherboard settings and made sure SATA Operation was set to AHCI, made sure the IGPU was disabled (as it is default)

During boot to USB:

-tried numerous flags (-x,-f,-v, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No, npci=0x2000/3000, PCIRootUID=0/1, maxmem-4096/8192, GraphicsMode: checked video info during boot and tried the highest resolution i could find there which was 1280x1024x32, also tried my native resolution at 3440x1440 and basically anything in between)

-Usually the setup loads and the screen goes off (no signal) somewhere around 15-20-ish %
-when using -v command i saw that the setup sort of hanged on IOBluetooth(something) no error, just seemed like it couldn't go to the next .kext or something.

My Setup:

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Formula
CPU: Intel 4770k @ stock defaults
GPU: MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @1600Mhz (4 sticks)
Storage: 3x 256GB Samsung 850 SSDs + 2 3TB WD Red HDDs
Monitor: LG 34UC87C-B (tried it with DP and HDMI) + a spare, not connected Samsung S27A850D (DVI cable available)

I'm hoping someone could shed a light and possibly help me here, I've posted on two other user threads that have a similar setup but both are pretty aged and I'm not sure anyone will see it anytime soon.

Thanks in advance for you time!

Last edited:
Your graphics card requires the Nvidia web drivers.

Add nv_disable=1 to your boot flags.

Hi Brebo,

Thank you for the quick feedback! I will give this a go tonight when I'm home again :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back