Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
already edited the agpm.kext in mavericks and it doesn't help albeit it didn't give me a kp. everything works fine until OpenCL applications are used.
*edit*
I was looking through insanelymacs site and found a thread over there where everyone is stating the agpm.kext issue has been around since DP4 preview for mavericks.

@farcry

I also read about the agpm issue since dp4. i was trying some more things here, but nothing helped. So it seems we have to wait :( ! Btw, what do our gurus (tonymac and co) think about that ? Anyone a clue ?

Jazzman1969

@farcry

I also read about the agpm issue since dp4. i was trying some more things here, but nothing helped. So it seems we have to wait :( ! Btw, what do our gurus (tonymac and co) think about that ? Anyone a clue ?

Jazzman1969

Yeah i have all ready gone back to ML for now…..

Hopefully there will be a fix soon...

:rolleyes:

Yeah i have all ready gone back to ML for now…..

Hopefully there will be a fix soon...

:rolleyes:

Either when Apple releases 10.9.1 or when Nvidia releases web drivers for 10.9(.x), let's hope it gets fixed either way eventually.
In the meantime, I'll just keep on rebooting the damn thing :banghead:

already edited the agpm.kext in mavericks and it doesn't help albeit it didn't give me a kp. everything works fine until OpenCL applications are used.
*edit*
I was looking through insanelymacs site and found a thread over there where everyone is stating the agpm.kext issue has been around since DP4 preview for mavericks.

Well, it is true for GTX6/7-series cause for my card everything works perfect, even when i launch OpenCL apps it steps up and down flawlessly.
Though the OpenCL itself doesn't work correctly %)

I use iMac13,2 and HWSensors 5.3.901 but everything works flawlessly. VLC is not an issue. Step down always happens.

GTX 660 / EFI boot with latest Clover / latest Cuda drivers.

Also, I'm using Mavericks GM.

Vanilla AGPM.

The only modified kext I have is AppleHDA.

ALXEthernet is the only kext I added on my Vanilla config. I'm using DSDT+SSDT.

Also, HD4000 is disabled from BIOS / UEFI.

i tried it, with clover and chameleon, smbios iMac 13.1/13.2, own DSDT/SSDT
Vanilla AGPM, edited AGPM

for me there´s no way to get the GPU dropped down after apps like VLC,Aperture....
is always the same, the GTX 760 stays at nearly max Power 1,02/1,47 Ghz and won´t throttle down. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back