Contribute
Register

No GPU Power Managment

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Xerox: u can try to use the 13,2 smbios because of your gtx680, that may work for you

@Xerox: u can try to use the 13,2 smbios because of your gtx680, that may work for you

No work for me , the same.

any ideas ?

wait for you mac pro 6.1?

hmm after some more testing i got this bug too by just using preview...
Changed to Xee and problem gone...I really can't explain it but i don't think it has anything to do with
AGPM at all since i have no problems with heavy GPU stressing like unigine..
Maybe it's a fakesmc issue....
For those who believe they need to edit AGPM just make sure you got this one in the model u are using..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 331
Im not...i had choppy sound in vlc and after testing several drivers for alc892 i found one that works perfect under Mavericks..
Now everything is running smooth..People with gpu or cpu problems should also let us know which system def they are using in order to get better support...

i'm using MacPro 5,1 system def
is there any difference between each system def?
i actually thought it was the same :oops:

for audio i'm using Driver from multibeast 6.0 "with DSDT", it works great

ok just to confirm, you're using VLC 2.1.0 right?
it means the problem is in my rig :cry:
altough VLC 2.0.8 didn't have this problem

hmm after some more testing i got this bug too by just using preview...
Changed to Xee and problem gone...I really can't explain it but i don't think it has anything to do with
AGPM at all since i have no problems with heavy GPU stressing like unigine..
Maybe it's a fakesmc issue....
For those who believe they need to edit AGPM just make sure you got this one in the model u are using..

Use smbios Mac Pro 5,1 , I need to change in AGPM?

thanks

i'm using iMac13,2 (with speedstep information from Macmini6,2), but it happens with Macmini6,2 as well...

i'm using MacPro 5,1 system def
is there any difference between each system def?
i actually thought it was the same :oops:

for audio i'm using Driver from multibeast 6.0 "with DSDT", it works great

ok just to confirm, you're using VLC 2.1.0 right?
it means the problem is in my rig :cry:
altough VLC 2.0.8 didn't have this problem

Yeah i don't have any problems with VLC 2.1.0 but like i said i had the gpu bug using preview which i replaced with Xee..
I didn't find any other apps yet, giving me the gpu frequency bug..

Besides Preview, I'm seeing this bug also in Finder, in column view if an image file is selected. The panel on the right that displays a preview of the selected file seems to be triggering the high clocks.

Perhaps it is related to Core Image, or Quartz Extreme or what ever the hardware acceleration feature is called...? I have no idea.

Edit: definitely has to do with images, as any image in Preview, in Quick Look or Finder preview pane triggers the bug. With any other type of file that I tried the clocks remain on idle frequencies.

I'm having the same problem - using Quick Look on pretty much any type of file will result in the bug. I have the GTX 660.

Also, Ocean Wave will trigger the issue as well, and Ocean Wave seems locked at 30 FPS.

What a bummer - this seems to be my last remaining issue with Mavericks. I guess I'll stick with ML till it's resolved somehow. I tried editing my AGPM.kext with no luck although I'm not sure it was edited properly.

I'm kinda surprised this issue hasn't gotten more attention - seems like a lot of people would be affected, but maybe they just haven't noticed it yet?

kounelos - I'm confused by your screen shot. What does that depict? It's got me wondering if I did the proper edits to the .kext file...

Yeah i don't have any problems with VLC 2.1.0 but like i said i had the gpu bug using preview which i replaced with Xee..
I didn't find any other apps yet, giving me the gpu frequency bug..

ok thank you
i increased VLC buffering and seems my problem got away :D

did you try MPlayerX with Video Tuner enabled? just increase any parameter a bit and it uses GPU. in my case "GPU clock bug" happen and need to restart.

i wonder if the same bug happens in real Macs too :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back