Contribute
Register

No functioning USB ports GA-x79-up4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will try to post tomorrow, probably under user builds. Work is taking up all of my spare time, and I am still having some weird sound problems.
It seems that a lot of us with this board are having problems.

I have tried to post my build but I guess they have rules and it may be in the wrong form. They said if ok-ed it would post in 24 hrs.

Mac2Ci,
I tried to post how I installed but might not have used their approved template. I tried to pm you a .txt but since I have so few posts I was not allowed to do that either. Anyway, I have tried to post at the competition's website with similar results. I do hope one of the sites will allow the content as there seem to be a lot of us with this board who are suffering.
Myself it took two weeks to get up and mostly running.
I'll keep you posted.

Caratuco,

Thanks for the link, I have been working on this install for 3 days. I have replace Chimera with Clover on my Yosemite install. Tried to upgrade like a Mac, but on the Clover boot screen the install El Capitan disk did not work and only showed up once, I could never get it back. I even deleted the Install El Capitan app and re-downloaded it from the App Store. I have tried all 12 USB 2 and 2 USB 3. I blew up the BIOS by constantly turning the computer on and off. I thought I blew the power supply.

I will definitely do this first thing in the morning.

Thanks again.

I got all working except USB3 on clover and enoch's chameleon branch.
Very frustrating!

Has anyone got usb3 working on this board?
Maybe 10.11.2 will work?

Gigabyte X79-Up4 Bios F7
Nvidia GTX 760
i7 3820

You're welcome Mac2Ci,
I've tried to post on this site using the same methods w/ Unibeast, but have not been allowed. Not sure why.
Anyway glad it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back