Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z490 Gaming Plus
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
Intel > Need version > See Rules!
Hello all, I am new here and not a computer programer. I am trying to build a Hackintosh and it will not let me start the boot from the USb. I think it may be something simple as I have done pretty much everything That I watched....I have attached the message I get when trying to install off USB. I have two M.2 Drives one with windows and hopefully putting the other with Catalina

My system:
Msi z490 gaming plus
I9 108500k
32GB DDR4 3200 XPG Gaming D10

Thank you any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG-2976.jpg
    IMG-2976.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
Hello, I have done some work arounds and this is what I ended up with, please help

Attachments

• IMG-2977.jpg
    IMG-2977.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
Welcome to the forum!

Well congrats on your system spec - but I have to warn you beforehand the Z490 is going to be a bit of a hassle to setup especially when you are a first-timer. Luckily there are a few guides around for this.

First you can try this post here, someone has managed to boot successfully with a MSI Z490 mobo on this setup with Catalina > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/working-msi-z490-a-pro-i5-10500-opencore-0-6-0.301015/

Secondly you can try using the Dortania Sanity checker. With your config.plist, select which chip/CPU gen you are using and the OC version you're on and upload it here, it will check for you what settings you need to change in order to boot the installer correctly > opencore.slowgeek.com

I also would recommend trying Opencore 0.6.5 and not go for the 0.6.6 as 0.6.6 currently has issues preventing installers from booting.

You also need to change the following in your BIOS:

AHCI Mode (for hard disk)
VT-d disabled
CSM disabled
TPM disabled
Secure Boot disabled
Serial port disabled
DVMT size set to 64MB
Above 4G Decoding enabled

Welcome to the forum!

Well congrats on your system spec - but I have to warn you beforehand the Z490 is going to be a bit of a hassle to setup especially when you are a first-timer. Luckily there are a few guides around for this.

First you can try this post here, someone has managed to boot successfully with a MSI Z490 mobo on this setup with Catalina > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/working-msi-z490-a-pro-i5-10500-opencore-0-6-0.301015/

Secondly you can try using the Dortania Sanity checker. With your config.plist, select which chip/CPU gen you are using and the OC version you're on and upload it here, it will check for you what settings you need to change in order to boot the installer correctly > opencore.slowgeek.com

I also would recommend trying Opencore 0.6.5 and not go for the 0.6.6 as 0.6.6 currently has issues preventing installers from booting.

You also need to change the following in your BIOS:

AHCI Mode (for hard disk)
VT-d disabled
CSM disabled
TPM disabled
Secure Boot disabled
Serial port disabled
DVMT size set to 64MB
Above 4G Decoding enabled
Thank you so much it has been so helpful!! I have managed to get all my open source coded and I believe everything in my bios done. I have checked my config.plist for errors and it flew with flying colors.. I loaded my usb into the computer got it to the select which to boot from, picked my usb and away it went....I thought it finally worked, but after a few screens of text it just stopped and the monitor turned off.... any ideas?

If the monitor goes black, it means it is trying to send a signal somewhere - make sure you haven’t inadvertently selected any boot-arg options to boot an AMD card say. Also check if you have added your Intel GPU in the Device/Properties section of OC. You’ll need to click + on the bottom left to add the Intel GPU (Display Adapter) which should show up as PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). You’ll need to add this.

If you want more info on how to enable the IGPU you can check this out > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/Intel-patching/

If the monitor goes black, it means it is trying to send a signal somewhere - make sure you haven’t inadvertently selected any boot-arg options to boot an AMD card say. Also check if you have added your Intel GPU in the Device/Properties section of OC. You’ll need to click + on the bottom left to add the Intel GPU (Display Adapter) which should show up as PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0). You’ll need to add this.

If you want more info on how to enable the IGPU you can check this out > https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/Intel-patching/
that link is broken :(

right now I have "PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1b,0x0)" I should change the "1b" to 2?

Try this one >

Yes give it a try (if you are currently editing config.plist from another machine). If you're editing the file on the same system you'll be booting from then use the 1b (as that's whats been detected).
Thank you so much!! I have Created a Hackintosh... The one thing is I have no LAN.. it shows me this in the pic... I do have the Lucy Kext in there as my ethernet is 2.5GB

Attachments

• IMG-2979.jpg
    IMG-2979.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back