Contribute
Register

No audio or Bluetooth after Monterey upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@steveharman: Thank you very much for posting this. my bluetooth on intel ax201 indeed only works when i do all the above AND put BlueToolFixup as the very last kext in the config.plist.
Now i am still missing wifi, which in BigSur used to work fine with Airportitlwm, i also tried itlwm but so far no luck.

NP. Did you install the specific Airportitlwmor Monterey? There seems to be multiple flafvours these days depending on the OS variant.

WiFi is working for me on my onboard / motherboard Intel card.

Cool. Glad things are working again.

I confirm that the BlueToolFixup.kext Ver 2.6.1 and IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext method works fine for Intel AX200.
I am on a TRx40 motherboard for AMD.

UPDATE: Intel Bluetooth is now working again for me under Monterey thanks to the combination of the latest (v2.6.1) release of BlueToolFixup + IntelBluetoothFirmware

Hello @steveharman

I haven't being able to make it work. I tried both, having the Ktexts on the OC folder at EFI or in the Library.
I have a Designare Z390 with buid in Intel Wifi+Bluetooth and several BT dongles, none of them work.

I'm missing some steps?
Do I need to alter config.plist in some way?
(I tried to add BlueToolFixup manually to config.plist and then Monterrey is not booting)

The build-in Intel Wifi+BT never worked on my previous builds, but the BT dongles yes (Logilink, Digitus and Orico).

I have two volumes on this build one with Clover+Catalina and another with OC+Monterrey.

Here is a couple of weird facts:
BT dongles works with Catalina no matter the EFI I use to boot, Clover or OC
When I was installing Monterrey, during the installation process Monterrey accidentally booted with Clover, and OS Finder was not completely working but Bluetooth was working! (note: once the Monterrey post install was complete, Monterrey does not boot from Clover EFI anymore, actually I have to physically unplug the power to restart)

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello @steveharman,

I make it work!

I'm answering to myself. I was editing the config.plist manually,that was my mistake. After I used the OC configurator and worked like a charm. Is my first OC build, so I was missing some steps.

I haven't been able to make the build in intel Wifi+BT work, only the BT dongles, but I'm fine with it, as this way I can totally shutdown the build wifi from the BIOS, so less RF interference on the studio, and I don't need wifi at all.

This is what I have done if it helps someone else.

1. Copied BlueToolFixup.kext into Ktext OC EFI folder
2. Copied IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext into Ktext OC EFI folder (I'm not sure if this one is actually needed if I'm not using the build-in Intel Wifi+BT)
3. Drag and dropped both ktext in to config.plist opened in Open Core Configurator.
4. Make sure BlueToolFixup.kext is the last one and save Config.plist
5. Copied BrcmPatchRAM3.ktext into Macos Library/Extensions (I think this is the one giving support to the Dongles)

Restart, and all the bluetooth devices are in place.
All of them work witht the exception of the Magic Mouse (builtin battery) which is refusing connection. This is also happening now on my other SSD when running OC+Catalina. I think I need to reset the mouse. (Solved by plugin the Magic Mouse directly to an USB port with the Lightning cable, plug and pair, no extra step)

Now lets go for the second Ethernet card (smalltree) not showing in Monterrey, but that's another threat.

Thanks a lot for this useful one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back