Contribute
Register

No audio or Bluetooth after Monterey upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manually recreated my EFI / config.plist and audio is now back - using alcid=11 as boot-args (which worked under Big Sur too). My machine now boots fine but I have a strange, very long, delay during boot:

Thanks to everyone who responded here regarding my audio/Bluetooth issues.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-10-28_at_17_58_49.png
    Screenshot_2021-10-28_at_17_58_49.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
28D251F3-0671-4E84-8D2B-5B2E6365206D.jpeg
Not working for me on my Intel Wifi card

Have you tried the v2.6.1 (specifically) version of BlueToolFixup+the intelFirmware?

Yes I have with latest bluetooth intel version 2.0.1
What kext do you use??

The BlueToolFixup.kext is in the BrcmPatchRAM release. Except, as steveharman said, you'll need v2.6.1. It wasn't at that link last time I looked, but it may be updated now.

Updated link for BcrmPatchRAM.zip v2.6.1 which contains the BlueToolFixup.kext.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BlueToolFixup.kext is in the BrcmPatchRAM release. Except, as steveharman said, you'll need v2.6.1. It wasn't at that link last time I looked, but it may be updated now.

that is for Broadcom based cards not intel...

@robi62 - Aha, well you asked what kext steveharman used. I believe that was the one.

As I understand it, you only need the BlueToolFixup.kext from the BrcmPatchRAM.zip file, plus the latest intel bluetooth 2.0.1. But to be sure, wait for others to confirm that. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iirc from the official Opencore docs covering Bluetooth, it's also vital to not have any other Intel injector kexts installed - so JUST the fixup kext and firmware kext.
Not sure if that's relevant for you?

Worth keeping an eye on this thread and other issues in the repo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back