Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Dear all,

I'm using a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD7 TH mainboard with BIOS version F4, Intel Core i7, on-board graphic. I used Intel ALC898 with previous OS X versions and updated now to Mojave (10.14). No audio is not detected by OS anymore. It is found with DPCIManager, but not in system preferences.
AppleHDA.kext 282.10
I tried as written here (both MulitBeast and AppleALC).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-applehda-audio.260004/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-audio-alc898-driver-with-applealc.257030/

Still tried all layouts as written here:
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Supported-codecs

Find requested files attached. If I forgot something, please let me know!

Thank you for your help and best!

Attachments

• 10.14-ALC898-NoAudioDevice.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
No audio is not detected by OS anymore
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Fix profile

Many problems:
1. Remove HDAEnabler1.kext, S/L/E and/or LE
2. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/set all to NO (if something stops working, only that something to YES)
3. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/remove Item 0 (not applicable to your system)
4. Edit config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/remove Items 0 and 1 (disables Mojave audio)

Restart, reply with new files

Many problems:
2. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/set all to NO (if something stops working, only that something to YES)
3. Edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches/remove Item 0 (not applicable to your system)
4. Edit config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/remove Items 0 and 1 (disables Mojave audio)
Restart, reply with new files

Thank you for fast reply!

Removing this file solved the issue! Could you explain me why?

Thank you for great support!

Best!

Hi there, hope you can help me

Working on the new Hackintosh for quite a few evenings now.
I have a nice working Mojave installed now on my H370M DS3H, but was not able to get any audio devices.

Procedure of installation:

Unibeast Mojave with Multibeast
After installation of Mojave, I used multibeast (without the two audiodrivers AppleALC and audio 100/200/300 (hdas to hdef).
Rebooted and then used the steps from Mojave AppleHDA Audio | tonymacx86.com
So I made hidden files visible and checked if AppleHDA.kext was situated in system/extensions. Yes it is there (don’t know if I have to do other checks on AppleHDA).
Used Clover configurator to check and set hdas to hdef patch (yes, worked).
In clover configurator I made under devices, audio is 1.
I disabled SIP by putting 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig under Rt variables

Then I mounted EFI and used Multibeast to install everything again, but now with AppleALC and 100/200/300….
Reboot…..still no audio device.

@toleda, hope very much you can help, because I am building this for a good friend.

Reports:

Mojave 10.14.2. Mb Gigabyte H370M DS3H. Bios version F11. CPU i38350k. Igfx

I don’t understand how I can report anything on s/l/e/applehda.kext ??????
I wouldn’t know what this s/l/e/ means……
Also I cannot find how to report nr 8 (terminal/shell/export test as..) and 9.2 Bootlog from DPCI manager.

But al the other reports I have made and included (I had no 9.3 and 9.4 .aml files).

Hope you can help!!!!!!

I also do not understand how to use the information about the audio codec (underneat). Should I change it somewhere with Clover configurator?

ALC887/0x10ec0887_v003002/Desktop/1 or 2 or 3/All
  1. Legacy: ALC887/0x10ec0887_v002002Desktop/1 or 2/All
    1. Intel 4/5 Series motherboards
    2. ALC888B/same as ALC887
Thanks very much for any help Toleda!! (or others)

One more remark: yesterday (with a try-out installation) I installed Mojave for the second time over the first Mojave. And then I suddenly had audio devices…But after a reboot they were gone again..

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    891.4 KB · Views: 66
I've tried everything in the applehda-realtek-audio-guide. I think. And still this problem - no output devices found. Please help. I'm out of ideas. But I am new to config.plist editing so there is a chance I missed something.

Updated to Mojave from High Sierra

Attachments

• debug_14566.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 64
Request help, I am trying to add a new codec id.
I tried to modify the audio node and pinconfig, but I don't know why I didn't see the audio device.
I am attaching the work I have already done.
AppleALC1.3.4 & Lilu 1.3.1

Notebook:
HP Elitebook 1050G1
i7 8750H / CM246 / UHD630
Mojave 10.14.2

CODEC ID:
14f120d0 (CX8400?)

Attachments

• Audio.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 86
Hi there, hope you can help me

Working on the new Hackintosh for quite a few evenings now.
I have a nice working Mojave installed now on my H370M DS3H, but was not able to get any audio devices.

Procedure of installation:

Unibeast Mojave with Multibeast
After installation of Mojave, I used multibeast (without the two audiodrivers AppleALC and audio 100/200/300 (hdas to hdef).
Rebooted and then used the steps from Mojave AppleHDA Audio | tonymacx86.com
So I made hidden files visible and checked if AppleHDA.kext was situated in system/extensions. Yes it is there (don’t know if I have to do other checks on AppleHDA).
Used Clover configurator to check and set hdas to hdef patch (yes, worked).
In clover configurator I made under devices, audio is 1.
I disabled SIP by putting 0x67 in CsrActiveConfig under Rt variables

Then I mounted EFI and used Multibeast to install everything again, but now with AppleALC and 100/200/300….
Reboot…..still no audio device.

@toleda, hope very much you can help, because I am building this for a good friend.

Reports:

Mojave 10.14.2. Mb Gigabyte H370M DS3H. Bios version F11. CPU i38350k. Igfx

I don’t understand how I can report anything on s/l/e/applehda.kext ??????
I wouldn’t know what this s/l/e/ means……
Also I cannot find how to report nr 8 (terminal/shell/export test as..) and 9.2 Bootlog from DPCI manager.

But al the other reports I have made and included (I had no 9.3 and 9.4 .aml files).

Hope you can help!!!!!!

I also do not understand how to use the information about the audio codec (underneat). Should I change it somewhere with Clover configurator?

ALC887/0x10ec0887_v003002/Desktop/1 or 2 or 3/All
  1. Legacy: ALC887/0x10ec0887_v002002Desktop/1 or 2/All
    1. Intel 4/5 Series motherboards
    2. ALC888B/same as ALC887
Thanks very much for any help Toleda!! (or others)

One more remark: yesterday (with a try-out installation) I installed Mojave for the second time over the first Mojave. And then I suddenly had audio devices…But after a reboot they were gone again..
Try using FBPatcher to enable the audio. First, make sure AppleHDA is the original. If it's been modified by earlier fixes through Multibeast or other means, fixing audio via FBPatcher won't work. You can check by right clicking AppleHDA.kext, select show package contents, and go to Resources.

If you see layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib rename the 3 files to something other than .zlib (eg layout1.zml.old). Save AppleHDA.kext.

Remove config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (there may be several patches).

If present, remove /L/E/RealtekALC.kext

Reboot. Follow the instructions to fix audio from FBPatcher.

Back