No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

not able to get any audio devices
AppleALC.kext problem
Try attached AppleALC.kext; verify Lilu.kext_v1.3.1, restart
See Post #1/Problem Reporting; attach all requested files

Attachments

• 1.3.4 (DEBUG).zip
    791.1 KB · Views: 69
If you see layout1.zml.zlib, layout2.zml.zlib, layout3.zml.zlib, Platforms.zml.zlib rename the 3 files to something other than .zlib (eg layout1.zml.old). Save AppleHDA.kext.
Not necessary, .zml files ignored; removed when AppleHDA.kext updated

I have no audio devices except HDMI and sound flower with Mojave, with High Sierra all worked fine.

First I removed all old audio methods as mentioned.
In detail:
* I installed the native AppleHDA.kext (I think it's the native one. I did the update from 10.14.0 to 10.14.2. After this the size of AppleHDA.kext was different to the old version)
* I removed the entries from the config.plist. Hopefully I do not forgot one or removed too much.
* I removed the realtecALC.kext from kext/other
* I removed the realtecALC.kext from /L/E

Then I used Multibeast 11 for installation the AppleALC.
But there are not the expected audio devices available, just HDMI and soundflower.

Attachments

• problem3.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 68
See Post #1/Tools/2. IORegistryExplorer
Reply with IOReg as noted.
Sorry, thought the dubug script included that automatically. Here you go:

Attachments

• Paul’s Mac Pro.ioreg.zip
    674.7 KB · Views: 56
thought the dubug script included that automatically
Only when the app is available, will work next time script is run.
No audio codec, verify BIOS/.../Onboard Devices Configuration/HD Audio Controller/Enabled
Attach AppleHDA.kext, see Post #1/Problem Reporting/6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files)

No audio codec, verify BIOS/.../Onboard Devices Configuration/HD Audio Controller/Enabled
Attach AppleHDA.kext, see Post #1/Problem Reporting/6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files)
Thanks @toleda, I was actually just about to reply to you to ask if this was my problem. Woke up this morning and had a refreshed look at the problem, and found details about this. Will try shortly.

1) So if I enter my BIOS (which I assume is what you're asking me to do), under peripherals tab, if can only find "audio controller" which is enabled. There is no Onboard Devices Configuration tab that I can see, nor HD Audio controller.

2) When you say attach AppleDHA.kext, do you mean you want me to install that kext to that folder? Currently, it does not exist in that folder. I was going to follow your instructions from "restore native AppleHDA guide" to restore the AppleDHA.kext, however the instructions seem to be for OSX only up to 10.12.

Thanks for your help @toleda ! I got it working found a post from someone who had attached the AppleHDA.kext so did not have to re-install Mojave, Saved loads of time!
FOr anyone who want's to save themselves loads of time, here is the kext:

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Back