Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Hello

I have no audio on High Sierra 10.13.6.
Ive attached a zip with all the files posted.

Problem: No audio device detected. When I try to run ALC command it says "No Audio Codec"
OSX: 10.13.6
HW: I7 8700k, Mother Board Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, MSI GTX 1080
Procedure: No Audio Kaby Lake + CloverALC

Thank you very much for your help.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 67
No idea, no files attached.

Thanks for the help Toleda.

But still no audio. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I rechecked the following:

Removed the following:
  1. L/E/realtekALC.kext
  2. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.13, .../kexts/10.14 or other/realtekALC.kext
  3. config.plist/.../KextsToPatch/AppleHDA (3x) - not sure what this means; remove 3 entries of AppleHDA from the config.plist in the KextsToPatch section? How many entries should I have?

Installed the following:
  1. Native AppleHDA.kext
  2. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleALC.kext and .../Other/Lilu.kext
  3. Audio layout = 1
  4. Restart

Still no audio devices. Attached files

Attachments

• TonyMacX86_Rev2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 75
Neither show in IOReg.
Wrong EFI partition.
MacOS is usually in partition 2 or partition 3 (they are like the stairs at Hogwarts, they move)
Are you asking me to check that the BIOS bootloader is pointing at the disk that MacOS is on? (its the only 500 GB SSD on the system)
Is it the EFI partition with Apple_APFS Container that I should ensure BIOS is pointing to?
Thanks muchly for helping.

Kexts do not show in IOReg. Verify correct EFI partition, try again.
thanks for your reply.
I will try this later

Hey Toleda, I've been struggling to get my audio to work after it failed on me a little while back (I assume it was when I updated to 10.13.4 but not positive). I was using Voodoo for a bit, but found it just wasn't working great so I'm back here.

I was trying different combinations of stuff by following through your different guides, and didn't have any luck, so I uninstalled everything to start fresh. I think I may have deleted some wrong files though, since now there's no sound output options at all despite trying to reinstall everything.

Anyways, here's all my problem reporting info, if it would be possible for you to point me in the right direction, that would be fantastic. Thanks!

2. High Sierra 10.13.4/Gigabyte H170 Gaming 3/BIOS f22e/Kaby Lake 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7/Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
3.I've honestly gone through most of your guides to no avail. I'm happy to start fresh and remove everything again if that's easiest. Currently there's likely a mess of kexts installed as I've tried using multibeast to install a bunch of different kexts.
4-10. Files compressed and attached below

Any help, or point in the right direction is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• James iMac Files.zip
    1,002.3 KB · Views: 72
MacOS is usually in partition 2 or partition 3 (they are like the stairs at Hogwarts, they move)
Are you asking me to check that the BIOS bootloader is pointing at the disk that MacOS is on? (its the only 500 GB SSD on the system)
Is it the EFI partition with Apple_APFS Container that I should ensure BIOS is pointing to?
Thanks muchly for helping.
I've been booting from Mac OS X from BIOS, but editing the EFI on disk2s1. Do I need to boot from BIOS straight to disk2s1?
diskutilandbiosbootmenu.png

Just noticed that MacOS/Library/Extensions/ (not S/L/E) contains a different version of Lilu.kext to what is in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder that may or may not be being referenced correctly by my boot sequence. I have copied the 148k version of Lilu.kext to /Library/Extensions and after a reboot I NOW HAVE SOUND (sorry for shouting (but see... the volume is up :) )). Should I have left Lilu.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and deleted the L/E version or should I leave the updated version in L/E and delete the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ version. Which is best for the next OS update?

Back