Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Windows dual boot?
Next audio failure, attach new files.

Thanks for the attention. I cannot be trusted as a knowledgable user. For example, I am only now reading the details of the AppleALC guide, and I see that I have conflicting older config.plist modifications still in place. These might interfere with AppleALC:

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
ihnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>AppleHDA</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAAAAA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.9-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
ixnUEQ==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
AAnsEA==
</data>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>AppleHDA/Resources/xml&gt;zml</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
eG1sLnps
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
em1sLnps
</data>
</dict>

Am I allowed to remove them, or have I already hurt AppleHDA.kext ?

Edit: Removed that set of modifiers, and all seems stable through several reboots. That may have contributed to the instability.

Last edited:
...... I see that I have conflicting older config.plist modifications still in place. These might interfere with AppleALC ...... Am I allowed to remove them, or have I already hurt AppleHDA.kext

@moshes,

As it states in the guide if you use AppleALC then you should remove all HDA Enabler & dummy kext's, clover patches, ssdt hot patches .. etc. If you leave them in place there is a good chance of conflicts.

Cheers
Jay

@moshes,

As it states in the guide if you use AppleALC then you should remove all HDA Enabler & dummy kext's, clover patches, ssdt hot patches .. etc. If you leave them in place there is a good chance of conflicts.

Cheers
Jay

Yes. Good guide. I believe I have cleaned house sufficiently now. Thanks for not being too cruel to the (grateful) struggling.

Hi! I've just recently updated to Mojave from High Sierra and haven't been able to get audio working following the Mojave AppleHDA Audio guide...

Right now I'm running macOS 10.14 on a GA-Z97X-UD3H mobo with an i7-4790k, and GTX760 gpu.

I had enabled audio previously through Multibeast, so I followed the "Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA" section on this thread, removing the three AppleHDA KextToPatch entries and L/E/realtekALC.kext, as well as replacing S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with the one found inside the Mojave installer (even though I know I shouldn't really have to do that).

I placed AppleALC and Lilu kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, but upon restart it wasn't working still.

Specifically, the Internal Speakers selection does not come up in the devices.

Attached are the files specified in the original post. Note that I could not attach screenshot for System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio because the device does not show up. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• DebugAudio.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 63
Hi! I've just recently updated to Mojave from High Sierra and haven't been able to get audio working following the Mojave AppleHDA Audio guide...

Right now I'm running macOS 10.14 on a GA-Z97X-UD3H mobo with an i7-4790k, and GTX760 gpu.

I had enabled audio previously through Multibeast, so I followed the "Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA" section on this thread, removing the three AppleHDA KextToPatch entries and L/E/realtekALC.kext, as well as replacing S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with the one found inside the Mojave installer (even though I know I shouldn't really have to do that).

I placed AppleALC and Lilu kexts in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder, but upon restart it wasn't working still.

Specifically, the Internal Speakers selection does not come up in the devices.

Attached are the files specified in the original post. Note that I could not attach screenshot for System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio because the device does not show up. Thanks in advance!

Others know more, but I just went through this process. Move the kexts out of (other) and into /L/E using kextbeast. Make sure you are using latest versions of Lilu 1.2.7. I hope that helps you.

as well as replacing S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext with the one found inside the Mojave installer
Attached AppleHDA.kext is not complete. Suggestion, run the installer over the current install.
Restart, reply with new files.

Attached AppleHDA.kext is not complete. Suggestion, run the installer over the current install.
Restart, reply with new files.
Running the installer again worked! Audio is working fine now. Thanks for everything.

Hi,

I just upgraded to Mojave via the AppStore. My system is a dual boot from two separate disks (macOS and Win 10).
The install went fine, except for no Audio Devices Found.
I am using Clover v.4586

On previous upgrades from El Capitan to Sierra to High Sierra I was able to use Toleda's script and that would fix it.

For Mojave the old script does not support 10.14. Then I used MultiBeast 10.4.0 before I read not to use it.

I uninstalled previous script and MultiBeast Audio methods.
I then used the Mojave AppleHDA Audio guide, Method B - Acidanthera/AppleALC.
I did not set Audio layout since it was an Mojave upgrade.
I did not do the Optional step

I have attached my files.

Thanking you in advanced for any help you can provide.

Mac2Ci

Attachments

• TonyMacX86.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I've seen notes about people installing kexts? (such as with kext beast) Is simply copying the kext to the target folder not adequate? I've noticed that DPCIManager also has an install Kext function. Once you've chosen the kext you want to install where does one put it? In your EFI or in System/Library/Extensions? Is it EFI...CLOVER only for third party kexts needed to make the system load? My Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other currently has AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, realtekALC, RealtekRTL8111. Some of these changes were made when I was quite tired...

I'll make a second post in a tic regarding my sound not working...

Last edited:
After Installing Mojave from the app store my sound doesn't work, there are no output devices in sound preferences.

Please see attached zip file with the requested files, including a tonymacx86troubleshooting.txt that contains all the answers to the questions asked in the top post. I've probably broken stuff by trying to trouble shoot the PC at 2.30 am in the morning... Apologies for burdening Toleda, but also thanks for helping out the community, you're a legend!

Cheers,
Voigtstr

Edit: I also tried using the Toleda script but its not updated or doesn't work with Mojave.

Attachments

• voigtstrmojavesound.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 72
Back