Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Hi Toleda,

I could use some help. I've spent the a Couple of hours trying without any success
All files Requested are attached, including hardware info and also Linux "codec_dump.txt".

Description of problem : I never managed to get any input or output in the preferences for my "Realtek ALC3220" but the audio device seems to be injected successfully and appears in the PCI Section (attached).

I followed the "AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Guide]", and managed to see "AppleHDAController" in IOReg (attached).But I never managed to get any input or output in the preferences.

Thanks

Attachments

• Realtek ALC3220 - Audio Problem.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 64
never managed to get any input or output in the preferences for my "Realtek ALC3220"
See Post #1/Realtek ALC/Desktop
ALC3220 is not supported on this thread.
TryAppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/2. vit9696/AppleALC

Hi. After upgrade to Mojave I lost no audio devices are shown on system prefs.

I’ve tried using Multibeast for High Sierra (no luck) and then using the Apple ALC/Lilu method on Efi/Clover/Kexts/Other from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/mojave-applehda-audio.260004/. Again to no luck, with or without the -alcbeta and -lilubeta Flags. Before trying the last method I restored AppleHDA from a native copy, extracted with pacifist from Mojave installer, e erased the 3 AppleHDA flags in “Kernel and Kext Patches” using clover configurator.

My config is a GA-b75m-D3h, revision 1.0, 16gb of RAM, core-I7 3770k.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• Sound Problem Reporting.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 68
Before trying the last method I restored AppleHDA from a native copy, extracted with pacifist from Mojave installer, e erased the 3 AppleHDA flags in “Kernel and Kext Patches” using clover configurator.
The attachments show these actions were not successful.
Run the Mojave installer to restore AppleHDA.kext
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VIII. Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA/2. MultiBeast ...
Restart, reply with new files.

The attachments show these actions were not successful.
Run the Mojave installer to restore AppleHDA.kext
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VIII. Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA/2. MultiBeast ...
Restart, reply with new files.

Re-ran the Mojave installer. Rebooted once. Lilu and AppleALC are in "other" folder. Same thing so far.

Attachments

• soundreport2.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 58
(Solved) Greetings. I don't understand what may have happened, but perhaps someone here does.
Installed 10.14, and struggled successfully with video and audio. Eventually, got both to work, installing AppleALC and Lilu to kexts (other)
Saved a working backup.
Fiddled with simple preferences that had nothing to do with sound, but did try sleep (which has never worked in my build). Woke with no sound. Restart did restore sound. (This may be a red herring).
But subsequent restarts now again fail to install sound correctly (no devices). Curious observation, booting from external drive (pre-fiddling) also fails. But that boot still relies on Clover efi from the main drive so thinking problem is there.
Have run Multibeast 10 in the course of events, but replaced AppleALC and Lilu with latest builds in L/E using kextbeast. No joy. Have run 1150 inject several times. And the 100/200 series script.

I stress it was working and seems to have failed spontaneously. Advice appreciated.

Edit: Reinstalled 10.14 from download to make certain AppleHDA.kext was uncorrupted. No improvement. Also removed AppleALC and Lilu kexts from L/E (so only in kext -other on EFI). No help.

Edit2: So I gave up, and plugged a USB3 audio adaptor into a port. It was recognized and the device menu bar showed sound. Curiously, on restart, the full sound device menu appeared. I am now using the regular sound out port. Mystery to me. I don't see how I "fixed" anything, but glad it is working again.

Last edited:
Attach Clover boot log

Toleda, I imaginme that you're busy, so just to let you know I resolved the issue by taking out lilu and RealtekALC from L/E (probably leftovers from High Sierra that I overlooked). Thanks for your time, regardless.

Back