Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

is there a link you can provide where there are some explanations about the differences between /L/E /S/L/E and COVER/kexts/Other ?
Not that I am aware of. Summary,
S/L/E/: do not touch; do not add, do not remove
L/E: any and all 3rd party/non native
COVER/kexts/Other: avoid; Clover runs before macOS starts. Anything in Other is unknown to macOS

From what I've read it seems a bit different about CLOVER/kexts/Other : anything in Other is injected to "all" versions of macOS. That's where my FakeSMC is, and also Ethernet and my customized USB injector.
Also for audio, I'm using Lilu and AppleALC in Other. I've tried to put these in /L/E and the devices were not showing. I put them back in Other and devices where working again.
So now, regarding audio, my setting is :
- FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext : in /Library/Extensions (with your help :) )
- Lilu.kext & AppleALC.kext : in CLOVER/kexts/Other
I've tried different combinations, but that's the only one that works :-/
So I guess there are more subtlety about this. Some kexts that can be "injected" and others that can't.
Or some obscure setting that I should have done differently :-D
But it works, that's fine with me.
Thanks again for your help !

Hello bro!
My audio is missing device . Can't you help me fix it? . I use AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext (Mojave beta 11). Thank in advanced!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8 MB · Views: 62
  • dcpi.png
    dcpi.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 102
  • device.png
    device.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 99
  • input.png
    input.png
    63 KB · Views: 95
  • Nguyễn’s iMac.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 87
  • output.png
    output.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 95
Sorry for what I'm sure is going to turn out to be that I'm an idiot. It seemed like some of the guides were saying "pick one of these methods" and at least one other had the same steps but indicated to do all of them. Again, sorry for being dumb.

Having the no audio devices problem.

I can see the 'HDA' device in ioreg (1F,3 which seems to match to my Z370 board), but not the codec device. I've tried a few different approaches, starting with the Gigabyte Gaming 7 Golden build guide (by HackaShaq) since it's also an ALC1220, undoing that, then going to the one using 'Clover-Unsupported_Audio_Controller.pkg' and a couple of others.

As far as I can tell looking through Clover Configurator, the Unsupported Audio Controller package method seems to take the actions specified by the manual steps but it's not seeming to make a difference.

I don't know if this matters, but I noticed that at the point where Clover is loading, before macOS loads, it sees two audio controllers:

"unknown" vendor:1002 device:AAF0 (Edit: looks like this is probably the ATI/AMD graphics card HDMI audio)
Intel vendor:8086 (hah I get it) device: A2F0.

macOS: 10.13.6
Board: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5, BIOS version F7
CPU: i7-8800K
Graphics: Sapphire RX 580

The kext files in my EFI/Clover/kexts/*:

kexts/Other/FakeSMC.kext
kexts/10.13/Lilu.kext
*kexts/10.13/USBInjectAll.kext
kexts/10.13/._USBInjectAll.kext
kexts/10.13/XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

No dsdt.aml or ssdt.aml. Attaching other diagnostics (logs, screen caps, etc) as requested.

* Just to clarify why this is here, working separately on trying to get my USB 3.0 ports working.

Attachments

• rjhornsby_no_audio_devices.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 87

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8 MB · Views: 67
  • Nguyễn’s iMac.ioreg
    8.7 MB · Views: 118
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.14.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.14.44 PM.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 97
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.00 PM.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.09 PM.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.15.26 PM.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 100
No audio is installed.
macOS does not support the Kaby Lake audio controller (a2f0).
See High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio/200/Z370 Intel Motherboard Series - Kaby Lake

Thanks. I followed those steps at your link. When it didn't work (no audio devices), I went into Clover Configurator, saw the changes it had made and removed them to be sure I hadn't accidentally left some settings behind (ie 'Rename HDAS to HDEF') or messed up the steps, and then restarted before following the steps again. It didn't fix the no audio devices. It seems like it is making the changes to Clover, but they're somehow not getting applied/injected at the OS level.

After the above didn't work, I went back into Clover Configurator > Devices > Audio and set inject value to '1', since while that was not a step in the directions linked above it seemed to be the advice elsewhere. No dice. The Z370 Golden Build said this value should be '11'. No dice there either.

Looking at the output of `kextstat`, there are only a few non 'com.apple' kexts being loaded*: FakeSMC, USBInjectAll, and IntelMausiEthernet. I'm probably wrong, but I expected to see others.

Attaching fresh output from dpcimanager boot logs, config.plist, and ioreg in case I'm missing something. thanks!

* For completeness there are others but they're expected - Checkpoint VPN client and VirtualBox.

Edit: Edited for clarification that the linked steps were followed in response to this thread.

Attachments

• rjhornsby_no_audio_devices_2.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
The Z370 Golden Build said this value should be '11'. No dice there either.
Not helpful.
Audio ID: 11 is not supported on this Forum and does not work with the installed audio solution.
Run MultiBeast with the selections noted in the linked thread. Do not change anything.
Restart, reply with all, new requested files.

Back