Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

IOReg/HDEF/layout-id = 0, Yes.
I have audio! Here are details of what worked for me for others with no audio on alc1220 on gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 7:
downgrading to Clover 4458 did not give me new audio devices, although I was able to see the layout-id changing in IOReg; I noticed the vendor id at IOReg/HDEF was 86 80 00 00 which seemed wrong, so I searched for more info and came across someone helping with a different issue here suggesting this vendorID was due to FakeID being used; I removed the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext from /Library/Extensions, rebooted, and I had sound from my ALC1220!

Because Toleda suggested the issue with Clover 4497 was fixed in the newest rev, I then tried Clover 4509 and everything still works.

If you suddenly have no audio on your system and are using Clover 4497 try upgrading or downgrading your Clover.

Toleda, thank you very much for your patience and help, and thanks to everyone who posts here.

I noticed the vendor id at IOReg/HDEF was 86 80 00 00 which seemed wrong
IOReg/HDEF/vendor-id is the audio controller, not codec; 8086 is correct.
macOS does not currently support the Kaby Lake audio controller, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext spoofs the supported Skylake audio controller ti support Kaby Lake hardware; required.

IOReg/HDEF/vendor-id is the audio controller, not codec; 8086 is correct.
macOS does not currently support the Kaby Lake audio controller, FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext spoofs the supported Skylake audio controller ti support Kaby Lake hardware; required.
Perhaps another kext on my system is doing the spoofing then? I had to remove FakePCIID in order to get audio back and I was just describing the (haphazard, based on an incorrect understanding) process that led me to get audio back.
Vendor id at IOReg/HDEF is still 86 80 00 00, but neither FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext are present on my system. I had to remove them to get audio back.

Last edited:

Attachments

• No audio problem reporting.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 65
Perhaps another kext on my system is doing the spoofing then? I had to remove FakePCIID in order to get audio back and I was just describing the (haphazard, based on an incorrect understanding) process that led me to get audio back.
Installed 2 methods (patch twice), remaining method:
config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 0 (10.12-Kaby_Audio_Controller)

After much "fooling around" with all of toleda's various instructions and web pages on tonymacx86.com, I still have no audio devices shown anywhere. My answers to problem reporting are enclosed in the zipped file attached. My description of audio problem, system setup, etc. are in a TextEdit file in the report folder. Hopefully there will be some useful information there.

I do appreciate all of toleda's efforts and time supporting solutions to the problems seen in this thread.

Attachments

• 2018-05-30 Prob Report.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 60
I still have no audio devices shown anywhere
Incorrect MultiBeast selection, you have a Coffee Lake processor on a Kaby Lake chip set
Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 2 (10.13-Coffee_Audio_Controller), Item 5 (before edit) is correct.
Restart, reply with new files.

Incorrect MultiBeast selection, you have a Coffee Lake processor on a Kaby Lake chip set

I have no idea what that means. I have an Intel Core i7 8700 (Coffee Lake?) processor on a Gigabyte GA-Z370N-WIFI motherboard (Kaby Lake?) They are supposed to be "made for each other." If you are referring to my Multibeast choice of SMBIOS, I used iMac 14,2 since that has been recommended by tonymacx86 since Yosemite, if I recall correctly. If that is wrong, what is right?

I will remove the Coffee Lake audio controller as instructed and compile a new Problem Reporting folder.

[Edit: Report attached. No effect on system audio performance.]

Attachments

• 2018-05-30 Prob Report-2.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
disk1s1 is not valid and not a EFI Mounter choice
Attached diskutil list says correct EFI partition is disk0s1
You previous note said
"Attach files do not show MultiBeast installed patches
Likely, the wrong EFI partition was mounted for MultiBeast audio install."
I don't understand. What is the source for the EFI partition?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.40.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 7.40.05 PM.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 83
Back