Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Peterve,
Click on About this Mac/System Report/"SATA/SATA Express." Then click on a controller in the resulting top section of that window, and scroll down to look under "EFI." You want to use the disk number shown that shows the mount point "/" indicating that is the HDD (or SSD) which is the boot disk. That disk number can change from one restart to another (at least it does for me on my Skylake computer). So you need to check it EACH time after a boot-up or restart to make sure you mount the correct EFI partition with "EFI Mounter v3" if you have more than one disk. I have two SSDs, so I have to be careful to select the proper "disk x/s1" so I know which EFI partition I have mounted. (In my case, the choices are "disk0s1" and "disk1s1.")

Boot Log:
Code:
0:100  0:000  Starting Clover revision: 4497 on American Megatrends EFI
Clover 4497 disables audio, downgrade to previous version.
Had sound, updated to 4509. All worked fine until this morning. The sound works for about 3 minutes then cuts off with a "click" sound. Tried moving the output jack from "Internal Speakers>built-in" to an "Audio line-out". This work for about a minute and then, "click" not sound. Repeated this with the other "Audio line-out" with the same results. Any thoughts? Is 4509 also a problem? To go back to a previous clover, do I simply copy the previous EFI folder (that did not have problems) to the system drive to replace 4509?

When I needed to backtrack clover I just went to the project in sourceforge and downloaded the version of the boot-loader that I had with audio. Speaking of audio issues, I dual boot and have been irritated that the only jack that works for both systems was the front headphone jack, when I started the sound issues chronicled here I ordered the usb sound output on the Buyers guide, very happy as a solution to one problem (dual boot) but would have also been a hardware solution for this particular fun (although toledo aided me in fixing it like many of the others in this thread). You could go back to 4458 as it was probably the last working version you had, much like me.

When I needed to backtrack clover I just went to the project in sourceforge and downloaded the version of the boot-loader that I had with audio. Speaking of audio issues, I dual boot and have been irritated that the only jack that works for both systems was the front headphone jack, when I started the sound issues chronicled here I ordered the usb sound output on the Buyers guide, very happy as a solution to one problem (dual boot) but would have also been a hardware solution for this particular fun (although toledo aided me in fixing it like many of the others in this thread). You could go back to 4458 as it was probably the last working version you had, much like me.
I did try one, although it was a USB 3.1c device and it did not work, still no sound.

I did try one, although it was a USB 3.1c device and it did not work, still no sound.
Understood, perhaps it isn't supported on the mac. The one is the buyers guide is USB 2.1 and is as follows:
Description:
This Sabrent AU-EMAC 2.1 Audio Sound Card Adapter is a highly flexible audio interface, which can be used with either laptop or desktop system. No driver required, plug-and-play for instant audio playing and compliant with all mainstream operation systems. Simply Plug the Sound Adapter into your USB port, and then plug your headphones into the Adapter.

Features
* 3D stereo USB audio adapter.
* USB 2.0 Hi-Speed specification.
* Backward compatible with USB 1.1
* Connectors: USB type A, stereo output jack, microphone input jack.
* No external power required.
* Plug & Play, no drivers needed.

System requirements
* Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit versions)
* Mac OS 8.6 or above

What's in the box?
* USB audio sound adapter
* 2 Feet Extension USB cable

It was a fairly cheap option even with prime delivery.

Understood, perhaps it isn't supported on the mac. The one is the buyers guide is USB 2.1 and is as follows:
Description:
This Sabrent AU-EMAC 2.1 Audio Sound Card Adapter is a highly flexible audio interface, which can be used with either laptop or desktop system. No driver required, plug-and-play for instant audio playing and compliant with all mainstream operation systems. Simply Plug the Sound Adapter into your USB port, and then plug your headphones into the Adapter.

Features
* 3D stereo USB audio adapter.
* USB 2.0 Hi-Speed specification.
* Backward compatible with USB 1.1
* Connectors: USB type A, stereo output jack, microphone input jack.
* No external power required.
* Plug & Play, no drivers needed.

System requirements
* Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10 (Both 32-bit & 64-bit versions)
* Mac OS 8.6 or above

What's in the box?
* USB audio sound adapter
* 2 Feet Extension USB cable

It was a fairly cheap option even with prime delivery.
Yes, looking at that now, thank you.

I had v4458 in my download folder, installed this. Looking (sounding) good for now. :)

Back