Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Last edited:
Last edited:
This is a new install of OS High Safari 10.13.4
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Problem Reporting
  1. New Install - No Audio devices present
  2. OS X 10.13.4/motherboard GA-Z270MX-Gaming5/BIOS version F5/processor i7 7700K/graphics GTX1050ti
  3. Procedure/Guide Used: AppleHDA Realtek Audio_v2 [Guide]
  4. Copy of IOReg - see attached
  5. Terminal/diskutil list - see attached
  6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext (10.11 and newer, search: show hidden files) - see attached
  7. Screen shots:
    1. DPCIManager/Status - see attached
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) - see attached
    3. System Preferences/Sound/Input - see attached
    4. System Preferences/Sound/Output - see attached
  8. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . .
audio_cloverALC-x0.command - see attached
9. Clover
  1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - see attached
  2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log - see attached
  3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed) N/A
  4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed) N/A
*******Update*****
After no response from Admin. and more research I was able to find this link: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321300-native-alc1220-audio-for-200-series-motherboards/ . I used it to replace the patches that Multibeast put in my config.plist. After doing so and a reboot, I ran Toleda's audio_clover ALC-130_v0.5.command, re-booted and all works now. SUCCESS!

After some restarts to check IOReg with no success I tried to run ALC1220A procedure with MultiBeast, but nothing changed...still can't solve the "Before you install" part.
Your codec is ALC S1220, not ALC 1220A
Correct MultiBeast settings, see High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio/300 Series/ALC1220
See MultiBeast 10.2 Note.
Run Multibeast twice with selections noted
Restart, reply with new files

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get on-board audio (ALC887) of my B360 board working under High Sierra 10.13.4. None of the described methods work - no audio devices shown in system profiler or system preferences. cloverALC does not detect a codec. The Kaby Lake audio controller patch does not help.

I guess that Intel changed the HDA controller (at least the id) in these new "real" 300 series chipsets. Does anybody know if this can be fixed and how?
This was actually fixed the same day by RehabMan's latest version of FakePCIID, which spoofs the new Coffee Lake HDA controller (8086:a348) as Skylake (8086:1a70). Integrated ALC887 is now working with AppleALC, but I still have to find out the correct layout-id to inject.

What response time do you expect?

That patch is available in MultiBeast (user error) and cloverALC (user error) and noted in Post #1/Quick Fix: 200/X299/300 Series Kaby Lake Audio
Sorry, but the patch in Multibeast is not the same, and did not work on my system, hence why I asked for help more than once. This was not 'user error'. The patch on the link has some different values, than the one from Multibeast. I am attaching my config.plist so you can see for yourself. I am trying to help people with similar setup to mine.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.2 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
1. No audio devices
2. 10.13.4, ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, BIOS , Intel i7-8700, GTX 1050 Ti
3. Clean OS install -> MultiBeast (Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> ALC1220A, 100/200/300 Series Audio Support) with no success and then MultiBeast (Audio -> Realtek ALCxxx -> 200/300/X299 Audio Device ID Patch) with no success either.

Attachments

• data.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 137
Back