Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Don't know what happened. No pinconfigs remains the reason for no audio devices.
okay, this is where its confused me, there was pinconfigs as there was audio devices after the first install of AppleALC, upon restart, the issues then started again.

25% missing, useless. Native AppleHDA.kext, 4 MB
Thank you! That was what I had to fix to continue. Sound now working!

What is the audio device HD Native?
Can it be removed for an experiment?

HD Native is a PCIe card that I use for audio processing on Avid Pro tools. I can definitely take it out but it used to work fine when I had this machine run with Yosemite (to clarify I didn't update, I started from scratch with a new SSD). I'll do that in a few and send you the files to see if we find something different.

So your experiment worked! I just booted without the PCIe card iinstalled and I can see the output devices now. I'm going to plug it back and see if it takes them away because I need this for work.

[EDIT] It worked!! Thanks so much for your help Toleda!

Last edited:
Still did not fix Audio ID = 0 problem
DPCI Bootlog #2.pdf is unreadable, attach .txt file
What audio method is installed?
See Post #1/Tools/5. Property List Editors, do not use a text editor for .plists
remove:
config.plist/Devices/Inject
config.plist/Devices/Properties
Restart, reply with new files.

You´re the master!

Removing "Properties" and "inject" under Devices did the trick.
The device "Internal Speaker" serves now the green line output. Clean sound so far, good level.

Thanks a lot!

Clearly, AppelALC did not fix the real problem.
So i have removed the appleALC.kext and the lilu.kext and I now have the audio back as before but there is a lack of amplification and a lot of distortion in the sound, is there any possible reason for this?

details as in files?

The sound volume had to be near maximum (14/16) compared to it needing to be on one or two bars out of 16 prior to the update.

Whats weird now is that I have restarted the computer and now I have lost all sound outputs again, its becoming very random as to how and what is actually working.

*Edit* restarted it again and now the sound outputs have returned but the volume is again very low. It's barely audible on maximum.

Last edited:
Toleda, thanks for everything you do. I finally have my audio back on my 100 series machine. I would have had it back a week ago if I had just read the F&%$ing guides properly.

JG

Back