Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Lots of zipped files attached in my post #783. You are expecting changes from repeating that collection after running MultiBeast procedure again as referenced in my post #785? There were no changes in System Preferences/Sound at all.

Lots of zipped files attached in my post #783. You are expecting changes from repeating that collection after running MultiBeast procedure again as referenced in my post #785? There were no changes in System Preferences/Sound at all.
Did you reboot between 783 and 785?
If no, then you did not do what was requested in 784; try again.
If yes, attach new files as requested as they are different than 783.

Yes, I did restart; that was item 1 in the above procedure. I will put together another package and send it as an edit to this post.

[Edit: Problem Report Files attached.]

Attachments

• New Prob Rpt .zip
    947.1 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thanks for your quick response, toleda; I will try that and reply later.
[Edit: no effect on "no output devices," but will compile problem report files and include later. (Also, I am not using HDMI anyway, just the sound port on the rear of the Z370N-WIFI board.)]
[Edit 2: Included with my new motherboard is a "Gigabyte" DVD, which although obviously for a Windows computer, also includes a "Realtek" file having a listing of hex numbers (codecs?) plus another batch of data comprising about 729 MB of stuff. Any chance any of that could be useful?]

Last edited:
While I am compiling my latest Problem Reporting stuff, can you tell me if the attached "Kernel and kext patches" window from my config.plist is correct? Note that there are three Apple HDA entries. Are they all supposed to be there? Also, the Coffeelake audio controller kext patch... is that correct? And should the "kernelPm" box be checked? Thanks!
2018-05-22 kernel and kext patches.jpg

Back