RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
removed all but one audio patch from kexts to patch in the clover config file
Missed the point; remove the method, means all files effected. Made the mess worse
cloverALC partially removed and AppleALC remains; result, no audio
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio; remove both methods completely
See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method.
Restart, install one AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
Restart, reply with new files.

Motherboard
MSi Z270M Mortar
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Missed the point; remove the method, means all files effected. Made the mess worse
cloverALC partially removed and AppleALC remains; result, no audio
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio; remove both methods completely
See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method.
Restart, install one AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
Restart, reply with new files.
Thank you very much for your help, I totally agree that I have made a mess here, but I am learning a lot at least.

I uninstalled the CloverALC and AppleALC according to the guides you linked. (I didn't remove Lilu.kext since I know it doesn't do anything by itself and I don't remember if any other kexts as using it at the moment).

The only thing I didn't understand was:
"See Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio/Post #1; remove all but one method."
I believe everything except for the fakePCIID kexts were already removed, so those were the ones I kept. I am really sorry if I misunderstood again.

Lastly I restarted and tried to install the cloverALC.command and got the message that MacOS does not support HDAS, so I installed the "change HDAS to HDEF" clover patch under DSDT/Patches as it suggested, and got the same message as before (included in attached file).

Is there something I am missing here? I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Thanks.

Attachments

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
believe everything except for the fakePCIID kexts were already removed, so those were the ones I kept.
FakePCIID is not working, remove
Install latest FakePCIID or select a different method from the linked thread

Motherboard
MSi Z270M Mortar
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
FakePCIID is not working, remove
Install latest FakePCIID or select a different method from the linked thread
Ok, thanks. Removed previous FakePCIID kexts and installed new ones with KextBeast. (I probably don't need the intel HDMI kext but installed anyways since I haven't seen anyone on the forum only installing one of them. Is it correct that I don't need that if I'm not using the HDMI port?).

After reboot, no difference. Everything same as before. (I don't personally know how to check if the FakePCIID kext is fully functional).

Removed the FakePCIID kexts again to try another method from your linked thread.

Tried AppleALC but I have a few questions regarding the procedure.

Do the bullet points describe something I have to do or is it something the kexts does?

This is what I did:
Checked audio codec for my motherboard = ALC892, checked the audio injector in clover was set to 1.

I don't understand the other bullet points such as:
What is the codec files that should be included? Included in what?
The fourth bullet point "injects pinconfigs" isn't something I have to do right? That's just something the kext is doing?
And the same goes for the "patch kernel cache" I guess. Something lilu does and I don't have to do?

Here is what I'm talking about from your guide:
  1. Kexts
    1. AppleALC
    2. Lilu
      • patch kernel cache
I could remove this and try multicast instead but since I don't know if I'm doing this correctly, I want to check with you first before I mess everything up again.

I include new files but I didn't run the CloverALC this time obviously.

Attachments

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Motherboard
MSi Z270M Mortar
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Verify BIOS/.../HD Audio Controller/Enabled
Need a Kaby Lake audio patch with AppleALC, see Quick Fix: Z370/200/X299/ Series Kaby Lake Audio, install one method
Restart, reply with new files
Verified the HD Audio Controller, it was and is Enabled.
Installed Kaby Lake Audio Patch. My choice was number 3, patch config.plist with No Audio Devices - X299 / 200 Series / 300 Series Patcher.
Rebooted. Still no audio devices shown. New files attached. Thank you for your help so far

Attachments

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
512K, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
My choice was number 3
10:857 0:000 - [02]: AppleHDAController (200_Series-X299_ Audio_Controller) :: BinPatch :: [OS: 10.13.4 | MatchOS: All | MatchBuild: All] ==> allowed
Verified the HD Audio Controller, it was and is Enabled.
macOS does not see the codec, not working.

Motherboard
MSi Z270M Mortar
CPU
I5-7600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
10:857 0:000 - [02]: AppleHDAController (200_Series-X299_ Audio_Controller) :: BinPatch :: [OS: 10.13.4 | MatchOS: All | MatchBuild: All] ==> allowed

macOS does not see the codec, not working.
Ok, so you mean that the AppleHDAController patch is working because it says allowed in the boot log, but the audio codec still cannot be recognised by MacOS? Is there anything else I can try or is this a dead end? Maybe I'll have to go back using VoodooHDA, which kind of worked, but not everywhere in the OS. :(

Motherboard
Gigabyte H370 HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
LC, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I have an H370 based motherboard with an 887 codec.
  • I tried 10.13 coffee audio plist patch and the linked SSDTs SSDT-HDEF-HDAS-1.aml (but not at the same time)
Result:
HDEF appears as device, but no codec is installed, so the audio_cloverALC-130 refused to install. Sleep works in this scenario, but sound doesn't
  • FakePCIID & FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio
Result:
Combining these enables sound, but then sleep doesn't work anymore. The system reboots immediately after having turned off, this reboot is not register was a wake-up event.

So right now I have the choice of either onboard sound or proper sleep.

I attached requested files.
I also tried an DSDT, where I adjusted the the _PWR function of GLAN, but this has been removed since to focus on the Audio problem, so it's not attached.

Attachments