Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

By installer do you mean the installer for High Sierra?

Then go from the beginning and install the audio using your guide from the first page?

In terms of this, am I best to try to add the SSDT using the attached guide there before the processes you mentioned above? or afterwards? Nevermind on this question, I've found the answer in the guide attached (HDMI Audio AppleHDA/cloverHDMI)
I have now reinstalled OS X High Sierra and have then followed your instructions, here are the files attached.

Attachments

• Reinstalled OS X 10.13.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 66
Same problem.
Why macpro6? Change sysdef to imac14.
Restart and reply with new files.
Not entirely sure to be honest with you, changed to imac14 now. Here are the new files as well.

Attachments

• 02:10:2017.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
macpro6: Xeon processor
imac14: Haswell processor
Same problem, no pinconfig injection
Last resort, try the AppleHDA Realtek Audio/AppleALC method
Okay that makes sense, I understand now why the change to iMac. And I'm assuming I need to remove the old method and replace the AppleHDA with the native one? Or is that not needed as theres been no pinconfig injection?

Hello _ I upgraded Mavericks/Chimera to Yosemite/Clover. I have no audio devices. I restored the native AppleHDA.kext using your guide and KextBeast. Thank you for your help.

Problem Reporting:

1: No audio devices.
2: OS X 10.10.5, Asus Sabertooth x79, bios 4801, Xeon E5 1650 v2, GT 740
3: Restore Native AppleHDA.kext [Guide].pdf, Kext Beast (done)
4:IOReg (file included)
5: Console All Messages (file included)
6: AppleHDA.kext (included)
7: Screen shots 1: DPCIManager (won’t run?) can’t get screen shot, 2,3&4 screenshots included
8: Could not find info on what this is: audio_cloverALC-x0.command
9: 1: config.plist (file included), 2; DPCIManager won’t run, 3&4 (not installed)

Attachments

• Audio Problem Kodadog files.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 69
Hi toleda,

no audio devices on my system, whatever I tried.Do you have a idea what the problem could be?
I have a USB audio device which works, but would be great to have the on board audio as well.

OSX 13.1 / Asus x99 deluxe / Bios 3802 patched / i5960x / GTX 660 TI UEFI patched

Tried audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command on a test installation, so the AppleHDA is still original
Tried AppleALC with a lot of different option, Azla patching and IDs

Consider me to be a DAU, I really have difficulties for follow your (and others) installation guides for audio.

File attached, I reduces the EFI folder to drivers64UEFI, patched and kexts

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Smallersen-Testfiles.zip
    50.4 MB · Views: 158
  • dpci boot.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Hi!

I’m sorry I’m a bit confused for troubleshooting this. I’m having issues with audio not showing up. I tried to answer as close as possible the problem reporting questions.
[EDIT] This was a clean install. I recently bought a new SSD and GPU so I started from 0
  1. The only thing that shows up in my system preferences is my HD Native card (installed with Pro Tools). I don't see any other port (whether input or output).
  2. Mac OSX Sierra 10.12.6/Asus Sabertooh x79/Bios Version:4608/i7 4930K/GTX 1080 Ti
  3. I used multibeast to install the driver ALC892
  4. Attached
  5. Attached
  6. Attached
  7. Screen shots:
    1. DPCIManager/Status: - Attached
    2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) - Attached
    3. System Preferences/Sound/Input - Attached
    4. System Preferences/Sound/Output - Attached
  8. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - Attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.) - Attached
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed) - Attached
  9. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Audio missing.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 68
Last edited: