Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

80861d20 is native to AppleHDAController, not a 10.13.4 issue
Suggest:
1. remove MultiBeast audio, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VIII. Uninstall Realtek ALC AppleHDA/2. MultiBeast ...
2. try AppleALC.kext, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/2. vit9696/AppleALC

Installed AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other as described in instructions. Did not install the kexts to /S/L/E or /L/E with kext beast like I usually would. If that was incorrect, please advise. Updated files are attached, though they are unchanged.

Attachments

• sound halp 8.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 90
Description of audio problem. -

Device not found

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics.

High Seirra / GA H97 D3H / Bios F5 / intel i5 3.2Ghz / Intel HD 4600

Procedure/Guide Used

Remove Apple HDA / KextBeast / Multibeast

Please help me , attached files here

Attachments

• TonyMac Solve.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
Hi. I cannot see any audio devices (except for sound flower) in settings or System Information. Using IORegistryExplorer and searching for "CodecDevice", gives no results. I do however have HDEF (HDEF@1F,3). I've also tried the audio_cloverALC command but I get the output: "No audio codec detected". I also think it's worth mentioning that I got audio to work using Voodoo, but only half way. I was unable to hear any sound from videos in my photos library or from videos on external hard drives for example. (audio works fine using bluetooth headphones).

I probably have a lot of other problems which you will be able to see but that's off topic. :p

Attachments

• ThinkClever Audio Info.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 99
Not possible.
AppleHDA.kext is not native, run the macOS installer over the existing install or see Restore native AppleHDA [Guide.

Thanks for quick reply toleda. Audio inputs and outputs looks fine now... yeah!!! But now I have two new issues:

1. Since reinstalling macOS I get some text over black screen before Clover loads (see pic attached), and also I have to more drive icons in Clover: Boot FileVault Prebooter, and Boot macOS Install Prebooter. Are those remains from installer?

2. No way to get HDMI audio. First I tried installing HDMIAudio.kext, until I read in your post it's not supported anymore and deleted it. Then I followed your post and installed audio_cloverHDMI-130_v0.8.command. The Terminal output was:
Nvidia HDMI audio is enabled
Script exits when another HDMI audio method is installed
Remove existing HDMI audio method, restart, run cloverHDMI
I tried my best to delete any remaining HDMI kext, but still get the same Terminal output. I followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-hdmi-audio-guide.234735/ to install II. AppleHDA HDMI Audio Methods. 1. cloverHDMI, then went to IX. Uninstall AppleHDA HDMI Audio but have non of the patches mentioned to remove old HDMI enabeled. Any idea how can I remove all existing HDMI audio methods to try to install Terminal command again?

Plus, a big doubt... your guide fro clover HDMI command recommends to delete from config.plist the DSDT/Patches Rename HDAS to HDEF after running command. Will this be ok since this patch allows me to have inputs and outputs? I disabled it once and restart, and audio has gone, however did this only after Terminal output with error.

Please help.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Message before Clover.jpg
    Message before Clover.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 113
Since reinstalling macOS I get some text over black screen before Clover loads (see pic attached), and also I have to more drive icons in Clover: Boot FileVault Prebooter, and Boot macOS Install Prebooter. Are those remains from installer?
APFS
Any idea how can I remove all existing HDMI audio methods to try to install Terminal command again?
NvidiaGraphicsFixup, if installed, enables HDMI audio.
See AppleHDA HDMI Audio/Post #1/IV. Problem Reporting; post to thread linked with requested files attached.
Will this be ok since this patch allows me to have inputs and outputs?
Yes, the script installs an ssdt to replace the patch.

Remove Apple HDA
Why did you remove AppleHDA.kext? Where does it say to remove AppleHDA.kext?
If you did not, attach install AppleG\HDA.kext as requested
Do not ever install system kexts to CLOVER, remove from 10.13 and Other
Restart, reply with new files

Back