Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Thank you for reading my post.

What is your mainboard exactly? This looks like a Copy&Paste error...
I have two machines. One is Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3, which is the first report I made.
The other one is Gigabyte GA-Z370-HD3, which is the second report I made.
I have noticed the typo in the report. Thank you for figuring it out.

Otherwise, just had a short look at your report files... I'm no expert by any means, but based on the answer from toleda to my post, it seems like you didn't do step 6.3.2 "Z370/200/X299 Series motherboards" https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-audio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/, otherwise you should have an entry "200_Series_x299_Audio_Controller" under config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch
I have applied the patch on the Z270 machine. It did not work. I made a new report on that result.
I have also applied the patch on the Z370 machine. It did not work either. But the report about the Z370 machine is based on a "clean" install, so upon that report, the patch was not applied. But it was applied before but failed to work.

Last edited:
Actually I am reinstalling my hackintosh today since my clover boots very slowly recently.
In my previous installation (Dec. 2017), the audio did work.
I remember I have done something related to Lilu.kext, but I can't find the post.

Could you please tell me which post did you refer to to make your audio work?
Thanks.

Sorry for late response.
Basically after clean install all you need is:
- 100/200/300 Series Audio Support patch from MultiBeast
- newest AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
- Devices/Audio/Inject - 1 in config.plist
AppleALC kext: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
Lilu kext: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

I used this guide to remove my previous attempts of making audio work: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

One note:
I didn't find the native 10.12.4 AppleHDA.kext, so I used toledo's Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio guide, that can be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764.

Sorry for late response.
Basically after clean install all you need is:
- 100/200/300 Series Audio Support patch from MultiBeast
- newest AppleALC.kext & Lilu.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
- Devices/Audio/Inject - 1 in config.plist
AppleALC kext: https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC/releases
Lilu kext: https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases

I used this guide to remove my previous attempts of making audio work: https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4sil5p/audio_mechanic_old_patchfix_removal_applealc/

One note:
I didn't find the native 10.12.4 AppleHDA.kext, so I used toledo's Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio guide, that can be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/#post-1606764.
The problem seems to be solved! Thank you!

I will try your method on a fresh install to verify this solution.

After the solution, I will write down what I have done.

Hello First hack Here.
I have been checking out this thread, not a 100% if I understand it all.
Any Help would be great. Thanks in advance.

1: No Audio Outputs Detected
2: 10:13:4 / Asus Maximus Hero X (AC-WIFI) / BIOS v.0505 / Intel i8700K / Sapphire Nitro + 570 8GB
3: Stork MyHERO II. Walk Through, NO Nvidia INSTALL Procedure

Drag & drop MultiBeast and Codec Commander zip files from the thumb drive to your Applications folder, unzip them, run MultiBeast and selection the following:
:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1220
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100/200/300 Series Audio
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 200/300 Series/X299 Audio Device ID Patch
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet (I used the latest version)
:ch: Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit 200 Series
:ch: Bootloaders -> Clover v2.4k r4063 UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM
:ch: (Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag <--- Required for use of Nvidia drivers
:ch: (Optional) Customize -> Graphics Configuration -> AMD Graphics Fixup <--- Required for use of AMD RX 400/500/Vega graphics cards
:ch: Customize ->System Definitions > iMac > iMac18,3
:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
:ch: Save <--- Save your MultiBeast configuration file somewhere convenient
:ch: Click on the Install button in the MultiBeast window bottom right hand corner and wait for MultiBeast to finish.

:ch: Drag & drop the Codec Commander zip file from the thumb drive onto your Desktop and un-zip the file. Drag the CodecCommand.kext from the Release folder to the Desktop. Drag the zip & the two folders to the Trash.
:ch: Drag & drop the KextBeast on your Desktop, unzip it and run it; chose to put the kexts in the /Library/Extensions folder. Drag and drop the CodecCommand.kext to a safe place.

:ch: Now click on the Restart button in the Nvidia Web Driver window or reboot the computer if you didn't install the Nvidia drivers.
:ch: Reboot into the BIOS.
:ch: Change BOOT > Boot Options Priorities > Select your installation disk to the UEFI setting for your High Sierra drive.
Note: Always pick the UEFI choice if there are two entries for the same drive.
:ch: EXIT to save the BIOS update and reboot.

:ch: Important! Due to a quirk with Apple's cache (see the Note in MultiBeast v10.2.0 Announcement), you'll need to rerun MultiBeast v10.2.0 selecting only the following:
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1220
:ch: Build > Install
:ch: Don't reboot yet! In the Terminal, execute this command: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/
:ch: Reboot.

To get audio working you'll need to use the Green sound port on the Rear Panel with the System Preference's Sound pane set up as follows:

Attachments

• NoAudioHelp.zip
    3 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
First, I need to thank toleda and DrunkGranny for their very kind help on my problem.
And I would like to share my solution of making audio devices work.

The solution has been tested on two builds:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3/i7-7700/GTX1050
  • Gigabyte GA-Z370-HD3/i5-8400/GTX1050
Tools I used in this solution:
These are the steps I have tested to make audio devices work on a clean reinstallation of High Sierra.

**************** WARING ****************
This is a CLEAN reinstallation of High Sierra.
You will lose everything on your hackintosh, including EFI!
Make sure to backup everything before you start.
**************** END OF WARING ****************

These are the steps to make a CLEAN reinstallation and make everything work EXCEPT for audio devices, i.e., video, lan.
  1. Create a High Sierra installation USB according to Installation Guide
  2. Clear EFI
    1. Mount EFI with EFI Mounter v3
    2. Open terminal
      1. cd /Volumes/EFI
      2. rm -rf *
  3. Plug in the High Sierra installation USB into a USB 2.0 port.
    **** This is very important to use a USB 2.0 port. DO NOT use a USB 3.0 port. ****
  4. Reboot, choose to boot from USB. Install High Sierra according to Installation Guide
  5. When you reach the desktop, install nvidia web driver with nvidia-update
  6. Open MultiBeast, install drivers EXCEPT FOR the audio drivers
    1. In my cases (GA-Z270-HD3/GA-Z370-HD3), the following drivers are selected
      1. Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
      2. Drivers > Network > Intel > IntelMausiEthernet v2.3.0 (For intel LAN cards)
      3. Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mode + Emulated NVRAM (Gigabyte motherboards do not have NVRAMs. NVRAMs are required to make nvidia drivers work.)
      4. Customize > Graphic Configuration > NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
    2. Build > Install
  7. Reboot
These are the steps to make audio devices work:
  1. Mount EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  2. Open Clover Configurator, choose EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist, then go to Rt Variables, set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67, save
  3. Reboot
  4. Mount EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  5. Copy AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (according to #687)
  6. Reboot
  7. Open MultiBeast, install audio drivers (according to High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio)
    1. Select Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALCxxx and 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
    2. Build > Install
    3. Select Drivers > 200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Path
    4. Build > Install
  8. Reboot
  9. Mount EFI with EFI Mounter v3
  10. Open DPCIManager, you should be able to see a Codec ID in Status (according to #679)
  11. Open IORegistryExplorer, search for CodecDevice, you should be able to see IOHDACodecVendorID (according to Before You Install Audio)
  12. Open MultiBeast again, install audio drivers again (according to High Sierra - MultiBeast Audio)
    1. Select Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALCxxx and 100 / 200 / 300 Series Audio Support
    2. Build > Install
    3. Select Drivers > 200 / 300 Series / X299 Audio Device ID Path
    4. Build > Install
  13. Reboot, everything should be working, including audio

Duplicate AppleHDAController patches
Remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/Item 7 (10.12-Kaby_Audio_Controller)
Restart, reply with new files

Thanks, did that. Codec or audio devices still don't show up unfortunately. I attached the new/updated files.

Attachments

• Audio-Problems 2.zip
    3 MB · Views: 69
These are the steps to make audio devices work:
AppleALC.kext or MultiBeast, not both; not supported
Expect audio problem with subsequent Software Updates
Remove one method or the other method, see
See AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/VIII. AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Same
If interested, run
AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods/1. cloverALC
Restart, reply with new files

That doesn't seem to work, not audio codec detect, see log below.

EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled
BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch

No audio codec detected
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

Back