Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

No, it means SIP is broken on your system; clearly, no audio is a symptom, audio is not the problem. For your system, the most SIP protection you have is 0x1. No further suggestions for your macOS/SIP issue, off topic.

My last question about this:)
I see what you mean, so really it was never about the audio. I've no idea what "SIP is broken" means.

Is there anywhere I can ask about such a problem, or should I just leave it be with 0x1 and audio?

Neither has anything to with onboard audio.

Yeah, I know the graphics card wasn't related but it was the catalyst for a fresh install.

Which worked great until . . . I booted into windows!?!

Now my audio is broken again and my boot time is slow as molasses. I'm clearly doing something wrong.

Would appreciate any help.

---------------
Description of audio problem
No Audio Devices showing up.

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
GA-Z270X-UD5
I7-7700k
RX 580 8 gb

Procedure/Guide Used
Multibeast w/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID - to deal with 200 series no sound issue.

Attachments

• New Audio 9.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
no idea what "SIP is broken" means.
Native SIP is 0x0. Returning to native does not break anything unless something was done, likely unintentional, to break SIP.
Is there anywhere I can ask about such a problem
Post to High Sierra Installation Forum.

Audio cannot cause a slow boot, a boot problem can cause no audio. Fix the boot problem.
Any hints on how? I replaced my EFI with a backup - re-ran multibeast - things seem reasonable at this point - just no audio?

My sense is that by booting into a legacy windows install things got screwed on the macOS side. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Toleda thanks for your patience with this and apologies for the delay in my reply.

Just did a clean install following the original guide with the modification you suggested (run MultiBeast twice, first when booted from USB and doing everything except audio, second booted from boot drive and doing just audio). Unfortunately same problem - no audio devices. I've attached updated copies of all the logs, etc below.

I'll do another clean install and try again with whatever method you recommend but seems like MultiBeast isn't working for me. Please let me know what you suggest.

Thank you so much for the help - I really appreciate it.

Attachments

• mtyhk no audio v3.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 74
Made a mess; multiple methods ensures audio failure
Voodoo disables AppleHDA, remove disabler
View attachment 294579
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is damaged and not useable, replace with native.
Restart, reply with new files

Hi Toleda

I removed disabler kext, unchecked "UseIntelHDMI" + ResetHDA in clover, and have overwritten AppleHDA.kext with a clean version found on google (Vanilla AppleHDA 10.9.3)

Updated files are attached

Thanks

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
Audio cannot cause a slow boot, a boot problem can cause no audio. Fix the boot problem.
Okay, I'm at wit's end.

I've done a clean install for the 4th time. Each time the pattern goes as follows:

At beginning audio works fine, no issues.
Able to sleep, restart, no problems.
Then, for no discernible reason, on one restart - audio devices disappear.

Just happened again. Would really love your help getting to the bottom of this. I can't keep doing clean installs - it's driving me mad.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Audio 10 .zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 86
on one restart - audio devices disappear
Rebuild kernel cache: Terminal
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Restart, reply with Terminal output and new files

Back