Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Apologise Toleda, thought I had included all, but missed the hardware specs, which is pretty crucial info :-o

I have tried multibeast - ALC887 current and legacy + voodooHDA, AppleHDA and latest audio_cloverALC-130 script.
Made a mess; multiple methods ensures audio failure
Voodoo disables AppleHDA, remove disabler
Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 5.50.07 PM.png
S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext is damaged and not useable, replace with native.
Restart, reply with new files

problem report files uploaded here
Apologies for the delay.
Note: CsrActiveConfig = 0x1 is not a good choice, use 0x3, 0x67, etc.
Problem is specific to your system; suggest clean install or install over current install
Terminal/csrutil status (CsrActiveConfig = 0x0):

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 9.27.46 PM.png

Apologies for the delay.
Note: CsrActiveConfig = 0x1 is not a good choice, use 0x3, 0x67, etc.
Problem is specific to your system; suggest clean install or install over current install
Terminal/csrutil status (CsrActiveConfig = 0x0):

View attachment 294619

Hi Toleda, I have already done 3 or 4 clean installs, it's always the same problem. Should I go ahead and do another anyway?
I've always used 0x67 to turn off SIP and 0x0 to turn it on. The 0x1 was just out of curiosity to try and troubleshoot / zoom in on the problem. 0x1 is "Allow Untrusted kexts", so that was a clue but I had no idea how to resolve it. Is it OK from a security point of view (with Internet connection) to run 0x3. I had understood that only 0x0 was secure? I really appreciate your efforts, thanks!!!!:)
PS - what does the attached image mean?

Last edited:
Audio devices show with SIP fully enabled as expected (Post #139).

OK I understand!

Just to clarify:

does that mean there is no solution in this case?

also, is it secure to run SIP at a value that is not 0x0?

does that mean there is no solution in this case?
No, it means SIP is broken on your system; clearly, no audio is a symptom, audio is not the problem. For your system, the most SIP protection you have is 0x1. No further suggestions for your macOS/SIP issue, off topic.

Toledo - thanks for your tireless help in trying to troubleshoot my situation!

Yesterday, I finally lost my mind with my graphics card (geforce 1060) and swapped with a new one (rx 580). It just seemed like too many things were screwed up!?!

So with a fresh install and your brilliant guides - I finally have functioning audio!!

Really appreciate the forum and the help.

Back