Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

I installed Sierra10.12.6 on my old X58 system using this guide http://bytesandbolts.com/macos-10-12-sierra-ga-x58a-ud3r-hackintosh-install-clover/. There was an external link for the audio fix (Toledo’s audio scripts) which was a dead link. So I tried a few different guides form this forum and youtube with no success. I tried the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command I have attached the end result of that also. Any suggestions?

system: ga-x58a-ud3r rev1 F5 bios, i7 930 2.8ghz, MSI radeon rx580 8gb, 12GB DDR3, 320GB seagate momentus 7200rpm.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
tried the audio_cloverALC-120_v1.0b0.command
Deprecated
See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/
I. Before You Install Audio
5. Set Audio​
2. Set layout:​
  • config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio
5. Legacy motherboards​
  • Rename dsdt/AZAL to HDEF
II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
A. Acidanthera/AppleALC

Reply with new files

Last edited:
Deprecated
See Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/
I. Before You Install Audio
5. Set Audio​
2. Set layout:​
  • config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1
IX. Unsupported/Non-working AppleHDA Realtek Audio
5. Legacy motherboards​
  • Rename dsdt/AZAL to HDEF
II. AppleHDA Realtek Audio Methods
A. Acidanthera/AppleALC

Reply with new files

Thank you so much for the prompt help. I changed audio inject from layout 11 to layout 1 in clover configurator. I also renamed dsdt/AZAL to HDEF and tried with the other entry HDAS to HDEF disabled and also enabled. With the AppleALC and LILU kexts, the guide said to install them in Library/extensions, but I saw options to install them thru clover configurator where it normally places them in efi/clover/kexts/other... so I just guessed and installed in library extensions. rebooted and still no sound. did I miss anything? ... I forgot to mention that one of the previous fix attempts was mulibeast audio driver install and that added some kext patches which I'm not sure if they need to be removed or not.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 54
tried with the other entry HDAS to HDEF
NA, remove
forgot to mention that one of the previous fix attempts was multibeast
Remove MultiBeast audio, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast ...
Somewhere, the layout-id is set to 889 (0x379); attach any edited dsdt or installed ssdt
This was added after the first set of attachments and before the most recent attachments

Restart, reply with new files

No output devices found, tried Audio Inject 1, 2 and 3
Apologies for the delay in replying
AppleALC.kext is not working properly
Download new AppleALC.kext and Lily.kext and replace installed

NA, remove
Done.
Thank you so much again.

Remove MultiBeast audio, see AppleHDA Realtek Audio/Post #1/X. Uninstall AppleHDA Realtek Audio/2. MultiBeast ...
Done

Somewhere, the layout-id is set to 889 (0x379); attach any edited dsdt or installed ssdt
This was added after the first set of attachments and before the most recent attachments

889? the only connection I can make is that it's the ALC codec of my motherboard. And I'm guessing (0x379) is the hex code for it??... are you saying I should look for that layout-id somewhere or saying it shouldn't be there? I'm not quite sure what you want me to do there. And I did reinstall clover to repair my broken EFI partition ...I may have copied some files over from the usb EFI. Maybe I changed something. I'm trying my best to keep everything clean and keeping track of my actions. Its really hard with all of the scanning for fixes on this forum. My mind is all over the place. Thanks again for all your help. Its much appreciated

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 56
@toleda thank you for your answer.

I have the latest Lilu (1.3.5) and AppleALC (1.3.6)

Attachments

• kext.png
    kext.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
are you saying I should look for that layout-id somewhere or saying it shouldn't be there?
Yes, dsdt/HDEF:
Screen Shot 2019-03-28 at 12.00.47 PM.png
MaciASL: edit 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
MaciASL/Compile/Save/Install

Back