Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

I guess I didn’t read the reply correctly on my post. I thought I was meant to reply there instead of here. Sorry.

Yes, dsdt/HDEF:

MaciASL: edit 0x79, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
MaciASL/Compile/Save/Install
Restart, reply with new files

I've never edited a DSDT.aml before so I searched and found this guide of yours. One problem I came across was saving to the Extra folder ...it didn't exist, so I created one in the root of the MacOS drive and saved it there. I hope that was ok to do. no fix yet though

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 83
To be clear, you missed/Post #1805/Last line:

Do not post a reply without new files attached

I’m not the person you were talking to in post #1805. I fulfilled all requirements asked of me.

Ignored the last request of Post #1805
I wanted to ask the same thing... Is it me that ignored to repost the files? Did not change anything in my setup, I had latest AppleALC and Lilu before posting on this thread... That is why I did post a screenshot with kexts versions...

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Description of audio problem

Sound output device options presented in Sound pref pane are HDMI for monitor (no speakers) and Airplay Apple TV. On board audio is not present. No input devices found. Trying to get onboard audio working. Sad thing is, I did have it working for a hot second, but I didn’t realize it until after making additional configuration changes. After rebooting, I lost the audio again. Repeated steps to try to get it working again, but failed.

macOS version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:

installed 10.14.2 or 3? Over High Sierra and then upgraded to 10.14.4; audio worked on High Sierra, but not since Mojave upgrade, except for the hot second mentioned above.

GA-Z270M-D3H (rev. 1.0) - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270M-D3H-rev-10#sp
  1. Realtek® ALC892 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4. Support for S/PDIF Out
BIOS version F4
I7-7700K
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB

Procedure/Guide Used

AppleHDA Realtek Audio_v2 [Guide]

I have gone around on the options multiple times and doing my best to follow all steps. Presently, I did acidanthera/AppleALC, which didn’t work, and then did MultiBeast on its heals without uninstalling audio first. I have done each independently too. I’ve been around the block several times.

Thank you!

Attachments

• john weise problem report 20190331.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
One problem I came across was saving to the Extra folder ...it didn't exist
Pre Clover, deprecated.
so I created one in the root of the MacOS drive and saved it there
Not good, remove
Replace existing EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/dsdt with new edited dsdt.aml
Restart, reply with new files

Is it me that ignored to repost the files?
YES
I had latest AppleALC and Lilu before posting on this thread... That is why I did post a screenshot with kexts versions...
Last request, read Post #1805.
What does the post say? What does the post ask you to do?
Do not post a screen shot
No requested attachments, no reply

Back