Fixes - install one fix; if the fix does not work, remove and try another

1. EAPD-Codec-Commander
    1. credit: the-darkvoid, RehabMan
      1. No sound after sleep - ALC892 - Yosemite + Clover, Post #17/#19
    2. Repo: the-darkvoid/EAPD-Codec-Commander
    3. Download: RehabMan / OS-X-EAPD-Codec-Commander
    4. 1150 only: Fix no sound after sleep on 1150
      1. credit: tigersoul925

1. I'm sorry for asking such a dumb question, but do I just install RehabMan's CodecCommander.kext downloaded from item 3.? Or do I also need to do something else? I'm reading other people are mentioning altering plists files. I'm running 10.11.4

Thanks, Toleda.

What codec do you have?
Use the solution that applies to your codec

I have codec 1150. So far I've installed tigersoul925's ready-made kext, but it didn't seem to work as I did not have audio after waking computer up from sleep. I guess my next step is to download Xcode and compile RehabMan's kext, however Xcode is 4.3Gb and on my 3Mb/s wireless connection, it's gonna take me a while to download. Is there a workaround this step?

Hi, Toleda.

When I try to run "Build" on Xcode, I get the following error message:

The run destination My Mac is not valid for Running the scheme 'CodecCommander'.

How can I get it to compile? Thanks.

I have gotten audio to work after sleep using CodecCommander but have noticed that sometimes when I wake the computer, audio does not work. So I have put the computer back to sleep and wake it up again to get audio to work. Any idea what could be causing this? I have the CodecCommander kext installed in S/L/E folder. My audio codec is ALC887.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back