Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any success with ALC887? I have Multibeast 8.0 and Clover bootloader with El Capitan 10.11.2.

I'm on 10.11.3, but I had to use VooDooHDA 2.6.8 (or is it 2.8.6?). Either way, I got "no audio devices" until I installed VooDoo HDA. This and I changed my profile to iMac14,2 and audio stays after sleep/wake. This mostly does the trick for me. Since I tried installing ALC887/ALC887 legacy (never was sure of the difference, but it only lets you select one at a time) I believe that is what gave me three entries for HDMI audio in my sound settings - In VooDoo I also have those same HDMI entries even though I'm connected to my monitor via DVI. Sometimes when I boot into OS X I get a scratchy/noise sound coming from my speakers and I have to go into VooDoo in System Prefs and turn the gain down to 0. No idea why the gain gets set so high as there is really no reason for it, audio plays loud enough without the gain, plus with the gain all the way up like that makes the sound quality terrible. But it's a small thing to have to do every now and then so I live with it. The reason why I say it mostly works for me is just yesterday I was using my computer as usual, went to play a youtube video and had no sound. Checked my sound preferences and only HDMI audio was showing up. Restarted and everything was back to "normal" I just had to select Internal Speakers again as my audio output device. For some reason I have duplicates of every entry in my audio device pane in System Prefs, but it works so I don't feel the need to mess with it. Hope this helps you.

I'm on 10.11.3, but I had to use VooDooHDA 2.6.8 (or is it 2.8.6?). Either way, I got "no audio devices" until I installed VooDoo HDA. This and I changed my profile to iMac14,2 and audio stays after sleep/wake. This mostly does the trick for me. Since I tried installing ALC887/ALC887 legacy (never was sure of the difference, but it only lets you select one at a time) I believe that is what gave me three entries for HDMI audio in my sound settings - In VooDoo I also have those same HDMI entries even though I'm connected to my monitor via DVI. Sometimes when I boot into OS X I get a scratchy/noise sound coming from my speakers and I have to go into VooDoo in System Prefs and turn the gain down to 0. No idea why the gain gets set so high as there is really no reason for it, audio plays loud enough without the gain, plus with the gain all the way up like that makes the sound quality terrible. But it's a small thing to have to do every now and then so I live with it. The reason why I say it mostly works for me is just yesterday I was using my computer as usual, went to play a youtube video and had no sound. Checked my sound preferences and only HDMI audio was showing up. Restarted and everything was back to "normal" I just had to select Internal Speakers again as my audio output device. For some reason I have duplicates of every entry in my audio device pane in System Prefs, but it works so I don't feel the need to mess with it. Hope this helps you.

Happy it worked for your for the most part. So when you say you changed from 3,1(?) to 14,2 you had to rebuild your post-install? Is it as simple as opening Multibeast again and rebuilding without any consequences?

I'd like to narrow the issue down to whether it was VooDoo HDA or whether it was the 14,2 change that worked for the most part. I don't want any unforeseen consequences of changing a lot of things when for the most part my OS is running fairly smoothly with the exception of no sound after sleep. :)

Happy it worked for your for the most part. So when you say you changed from 3,1(?) to 14,2 you had to rebuild your post-install? Is it as simple as opening Multibeast again and rebuilding without any consequences?

I'd like to narrow the issue down to whether it was VooDoo HDA or whether it was the 14,2 change that worked for the most part. I don't want any unforeseen consequences of changing a lot of things when for the most part my OS is running fairly smoothly with the exception of no sound after sleep. :)

Changing from MacPro3,1 to iMac14,2 - or really anything - is as simple as opening up Multibeast from your Unibeast install USB drive and skipping over to Customize, System Definitions, and selecting iMac14,2 - then go to build, make sure your OS X SDD/HDD is selected as the drive to install it to, and build it. Then restart. Or you can do this with Clover Configurator - open it up, mount your EFI partition, then go to SMBIOS, click the little magic wand, and navigate to iMac14,2 to change it. Then restart. Two different ways of doing the same thing, depending on what you tools you prefer to use.

For me, VooDooHDA got my audio working - it got me from "no audio devices" listed under Sound in System Preferences to my onboard line in and line outs. Then once I changed my system definition to iMac14,2 my sound continued to work after sleep/wake. So it was a combination of things. If your audio is working fine, but it isn't after sleeping/waking, then you may only need to change your system definition. I wouldn't mess with VooDooHDA if you're audio already works fine.

Has anyone gotten audio to work from sleep using the Mac15,1 profile? I am using this profile as I read that it is the most compatible with the hardware that I have. I have an i7 4790k CPU. I have tried using the Codec Commander from Rehabman's repo, the one that was posted for ALC1150 only in the main post. Nothing seems to work. I have also tried using different audio ports but nothing keeps the sound after sleep.

using this profile as I read that it is the most compatible with the hardware that I have.
Bad assumption, imac15,1 is 8 series chip set with AMD graphics and OS X has no idea what CPU is installed (EFI). What happens with imac14?

One thing i have noticed with my system which seems to be fully functional and reliable other than this sleep/wake issue is that when I wake the computer up, I have no sound for 2 minutes but then I get my sound back randomly. Has anyone ever noticed this?

Mobo: GA H97m-D3h (audio chipset is ALC892)
Processor: i5 4590
Graphics: Geforce GT 220
Ram: 16gb (8gb x2) Crucial Ballistix Tactical
SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO 850
HDD: 1tb WDD Blue

I have yet to fix this issue on my system (haven't tried much yet since I don't sleep my desktop really), but I have found that my audio never goes away if I'm playing something when I sleep. I also determined that if my audio goes away from sleep, if I start playing something like spotify (which then produces no sound) and sleep while it is playing, when the machine wakes, audio is back and working.

Figured I'd add that information.

I can't get it to work with my ASUS Z97 pro wifi ac (ALC1150). It was working with CodecCommander on Yosemite. Now i upgraded to El Capitan with Unibeast and installed the driver with Multibeast. Then i installed the latest version of CodecCommander, but no sound after sleep. I can adjust the volume, see all devices in Sound preferences and i see that CodecCommander is being fired after wakeup. After a restart everything is working. Any ideas?

Also i tried MacPro3,1 and iMac14,2 profiles and older versions of CodecCommander.

EDIT: Seems to work now, after i realized, that KextBeast didnt work and installed the CodecCommander version from here manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back