Contribute
Register

No Audio After Long Sleep, Z77-DS3H, 10.9.2, Multibeast 6.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just upgraded to 10.9.1 from 10.7.5 after a considerable amount of testing. Sleep works under Mavericks except for loosing audio on wake up. I tried almost everything listed in this thread and more. However, it didn’t work for me.

This is a barebones workaround script I wrote that will hopefully bring back the sound temporaily. In other words, until you "sleep" again... I put this in my menu “user scripts” folder as “Restart Audio”. If you loose audio, run it, enter your password and sound will likely return… Works for 10.9.1... not sure about 10.9.2. I find running this is better than rebooting...

on run
tell application "Terminal"
do shell script "sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges
do shell script "sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext" with administrator privileges
end tell
end run

If there is no fix from from the Apple munster on sleep-wakeup-audio issue, I intend to try to script a way to do this automatically on wakeup. However, that is far more toil than I have time for presently.

I just want to post my findings ...

Z87-UD5H Gigabyte ... Used the latest Multibeast Mavericks edition. Everything worked fined except sound, which - using 898, worked normally -until- sleep.

After sleep, like many on this thread, even though I could change volume settings, there was no actual sound audible...

Followed the suggestion, and downloaded an earlier version of Multibeast 5.5.5 and simply only installed the relevant 898 sound driver.

Note, you do not have to install everything else like you did before in the more up to date Multibeast mavericks installer, just have to replace the audio driver with the older 898 one.

Tried sleep and sound works afterwards!

Thank you to the writers of this! (toledo!)

Any idea why this is an issue?
I get it on the latest version of Mavericks as well.

Hi all,

wondering if anyone can help me with this.

gigabyte z87mx-d3h, i5 4570 processor, integrated graphics, samsung ssd

running mavericks having the same issue so applied to fix using prior multibeast which seemed to work- sound came back after sleep. However, now the computer freezes at boot! Leads me to 2 questions:

1. Is there a way I can get this thing to reboot without restarting the whole process / reinstalling osx etc...
2. Once I get this thing up and running is there a bug fix for the sound that won't prevent the machine from starting up?

thanks a lot everyone! This is my first Mac / hackintosh and I'm really excited to begin using it once I get over these hurdles.

Just wanted to point out, this is an ongoing problem with Mavericks as well.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5482053?start=240&tstart=0

I am having this issue with my hackintosh as well, (z87-oc MB, core i5, sandisk SSD) but i've read through that entire thread of people having this issue with MBP and other Mac computers, so it might not just be hackintosh problem. The last page of the thread I linked to has a program by a user name Proggie that I was able to run to fix my audio issue after sleep without restarting. I have to run it every time I wake from sleep, but it beats a restart. It just seems to restart the audio device, which in turn makes the audio work without a restart.

I haven't tried rolling back because everything else works so well on my machine. The sleep issue isn't a huge deal for me because I rarely put my computer to sleep, but I have ran into the sleep issue on occasion and couldn't help but google it, leading me to this thread and the thread that I posted the link to. I also found it interesting that it is a Mavericks issue and not only a hackintosh issue.

Since they seemed related I wanted to post the link here, hoping it could help somebody else who didn't want to roll back due to other issues or incompatibilities. I also thought it could shed some more light on the issue as a whole since MBP's and MBA's seem to be susceptible to this problem as well.

I haven't tried rolling back because everything else works so well on my machine. The sleep issue isn't a huge deal for me because I rarely put my computer to sleep, but I have ran into the sleep issue on occasion and couldn't help but google it, leading me to this thread and the thread that I posted the link to. I also found it interesting that it is a Mavericks issue and not only a hackintosh issue.

Since they seemed related I wanted to post the link here, hoping it could help somebody else who didn't want to roll back due to other issues or incompatibilities. I also thought it could shed some more light on the issue as a whole since MBP's and MBA's seem to be susceptible to this problem as well.

You only need to roll back the audio driver(s) for your motherboard.

hth

furbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back