Contribute
Register

No Audio After Long Sleep, Z77-DS3H, 10.9.2, Multibeast 6.2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried it with Multibeast 6.1.0 and reinstalled the audio. Works so far (tried it with 3h-sleep). Will test it overnight though to see if audio also stays after a longer period of sleep.

Will report tomorrow! :)

Alright. Audio works again after sleep (even a longer sleep) with Multibeast 6.1.0 and ACL892.
Thanks kduvernay! :)

UPDATE: Badass! It worked. Thx!

Well just use the Audio in the previous version until this gets worked out...

Great idea! Going to try this and post results.

I have the same problem with my GA-Z87N-WIFI using the ALC892 in MB 6.2.1.

Computer goes to sleep. At wake up no audio. Reboot, and audio is back.

Same issue for me. GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1 with ALC887/888b Current from Multibeast 6.2.1. I guess I'll try successively earlier versions of MB until it goes away or it stops working altogether.

i've had the same issue with my hackintosh (GA-Z87X-D3H) upon updating form 10.9.1 to 10.9.2: after waking from sleep, the audio would be gone. visually the outputs (such as in the control panel) were still there, volume control was still showing up, but effectively dead silence was all i got. sometimes the audio would still work after waking up the system, but only to fail after 30ish seconds.

upon reading in another forum about rolling back to a 10.8.5 kext, that's exactly what i did and with regards to audio all seems to be working perfectly fine and the way it did before the 10.9.2 update. (wahoo!)

as stated by toleda below, you can get the correlated kext (AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler1.kext) by running MultiBeast 5.5.5.

i dont know about the kext used in MultiBeast 6.1.0 (on 10.9 and 10.9.1 they were perfectly fine for me), but since I'm not noticing any difference at all using these older ones, I will just stick to them for the time being.

perhaps this helps someone who is experiencing the same issue but cannot get it solved with the kext in MultiBeast 6.1.0.

ii got the kext from removed and installed them using Kext Utility.
Amazing. Why are you pointing users to a site that posts my work without permission?
The legitimate version is available in MultiBeast 5.5.5.

Amazing. Why are you pointing users to a site that posts my work without permission?
The legitimate version is available in MultiBeast 5.5.5.
I had no idea they were using your work without your permissions, and I sincerely apologize for that. I didn't think that website would rip off the work of others just like that. *throws digital potato at site*

I just meant to share the workaround – since it worked for me – and because I couldn't find the correct kext right away, figured I would share the link where I finally got them from (not realizing I could just run MultiBeast 5.5.5, doh).

I have further edited my post above. Thank you for spreading like upon this and again I apologize for the inconvenience.
(also, albeit off-topic, big kudos and thanks for your work! despite the awkward situation, it's always nice to meet some of the guys and girls behind this wonderful wizardry~)

Same problem here.. Z87X-OC :( .... i will try whit the multibeast 6.10 ...

Yes it work !! Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Rolling back to MB 5.5.5 ALC892 kexts worked for me.

On a GA-H87N-WIFI & 10.9.2, got the same issue of loss of sounds after long sleep after upgrading to MultiBeast 6.2.1 from 6.1.0
I've done the audio roll back to MultiBeast 6.1.0, and now need to wait for a long sleep to see if the roll back fixes the loss of audio.

Well, after several hours of using & sleeping, I've got sound back. (so far)

The solution for me was to roll back the audio (only) to MultiBeast 6.1.0 :thumbup:

Hello there,

I have the same issue like you guys, Im pretty new to this, just finished my first Hackintosh two days ago. Running GA - Z87X - UD3H motherboard and everything working good so far except I have no audio after sleep, even short one. How do you roll back to previous Multibeast? I have tried to select ALC982 driver and install it on my latest multi beast as you guys recommended but my computer freezes every time. Any ideas how to fix this:crazy::crazy::crazy:?

Thanks a lot. Jakub

PS: Screenshot of my Multibeast settings - what have worked so far, except the audio issue.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2014-03-17 v 0.07.13.jpg
    Snímek obrazovky 2014-03-17 v 0.07.13.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 573
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back