Contribute
Register

[Niggles/Questions - But Working :)] First Install Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already have restarted, there are screenshots inside that zip folder; no devices showing up in any of those screens :(.
  • Because you might have inadvertently opted several things hoping something will fix the sound, there could be conflicting configurations in the Audio.
    • It is hard to untangle this Gordian's knot!:)
  • Looking at your ACPI options in config.plist viewed in CCV, I noted particularly an option [√] FixHDA 8000 .[See image]
  • There are a few others as well whose need I don't know but apparently no adverse symptoms have been raised by you yet.
  • I suggest uncheck that in config.plist>ACPI opened in CCV and Save and try testing Sound.
    • Too many poorly directed "ACPI Fixes" will actually cause difficult-to-diagnose issues.
    • The above "ACPI Fixes" are meant to be used by us for identified problems or from somebody who had used them before in the same hardware for the same OS.

Attachments

• ACPI.png
    ACPI.png
    125.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Because you might have inadvertently opted several things hoping something will fix the sound, there could be conflicting configurations in the Audio.
    • It is hard to untangle this Gordian's knot!:)
  • Looking at your ACPI options in config.plist viewed in CCV, I noted particularly an option [√] FixHDA 8000 .[See image]
  • There are a few others as well whose need I don't know but apparently no adverse symptoms have been raised by you yet.
  • I suggest uncheck that in config.plist>ACPI opened in CCV and Save and try testing Sound.
    • Too many poorly directed "ACPI Fixes" will actually cause difficult-to-diagnose issues.
    • The above "ACPI Fixes" are meant to be used by us for identified problems or from somebody who had used them before in the same hardware for the same OS.

Same problem, no devices showing up.
Toleda has mentioned in another post that P67 mobo won't work with the 3xxx BIOS; which could explain my issue with the normal ports - but he's said HDMI should work with the HDMI fix (which I've tried) - and that USB should work.
I can't even see my USB headset on devices! Feeling like I'm missing something obvious...

Same problem, no devices showing up.
Toleda has mentioned in another post that P67 mobo won't work with the 3xxx BIOS; which could explain my issue with the normal ports - but he's said HDMI should work with the HDMI fix (which I've tried) - and that USB should work.
I can't even see my USB headset on devices! Feeling like I'm missing something obvious...
  • Unfortunately I don't have that hardware to test any thing.
  • I will review the whole post from the beginning to this end and see what I can come up with.
  • You could post in Post-install Audio section to get help from Toleda. Read and be prepared with all the items needed for Problem reporting EXACTLY as shown there.
  • I don't know your audio device requirement in this Computer. If you are using it for conversation or listening to music or something like that
    Plantronics Voyager Legend UC B235-M Bluetooth Headset -
    • Multi-device Connectivity Manages Both Pc and Mobile/tablet Phone Calls From Single Headset
    • This has worked in all my intel 6, 7, 8, 9 and 100 Series Systems.

• Unfortunately I don't have that hardware to test any thing.
  • I will review the whole post from the beginning to this end and see what I can come up with.
  • You could post in Post-install Audio section to get help from Toleda. Read and be prepared with all the items needed for Problem reporting EXACTLY as shown there.
  • I don't know your audio device requirement in this Computer. If you are using it for conversation or listening to music or something like that
    Plantronics Voyager Legend UC B235-M Bluetooth Headset -
    • Multi-device Connectivity Manages Both Pc and Mobile/tablet Phone Calls From Single Headset
    • This has worked in all my intel 6, 7, 8, 9 and 100 Series Systems.

Thanks; I still can't get USB to work with my headset but I've ordered the USB to 3.5mm jack sound card/adapter from the CustoMac buying guide - due to arrive tomorrow. If that works, I can Mac happy. If not I guess I'll have a bigger problem and might look at buying a new 6/7 series mobs.

Thanks; I still can't get USB to work with my headset but I've ordered the USB to 3.5mm jack sound card/adapter from the CustoMac buying guide - due to arrive tomorrow. If that works, I can Mac happy. If not I guess I'll have a bigger problem and might look at buying a new 6/7 series mobs.
Looking at the files you have posted
  • You have Intel HD Audio not Realtek
  • You have no HDMI audio fix implemented e.g. SSDT in /efi/clover/acpi/patched for Nvidia audio
  • No USB audio devices showing attached to any ports

You have Intel HD Audio not Realtek

Where are you getting that info from? When searching the IOReg for HDEF, the VendorID I'm seeing is 0x10ec0892 ; which I understand to be Realtek ALC 892, and what I expected to see (from reading the Asus Website).

You have no HDMI audio fix implemented e.g. SSDT in /efi/clover/acpi/patched for Nvidia audio

The files I uploaded were prior to me trying HDMI (using the cloverHDMI tool, which says it worked) - although after applying HDMI I still don't have any SSDT in that folder. I'll re-upload my CLOVER folder again when I get home now I've tried the HDMI.

No USB audio devices showing attached to any ports

Likewise I didn't have the USB headset plugged in at the time I booted, I'll include this when I re-upload, but I couldn't see anything under devices anywhere - in Audio OR USB sections. The headset is just Plug & Play for Windows, so I don't see why it wouldn't show up.

Where are you getting that info from? When searching the IOReg for HDEF, the VendorID I'm seeing is 0x10ec0892 ; which I understand to be Realtek ALC 892, and what I expected to see (from reading the Asus Website).
DCIP.txt:
00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 05) (subsys 1043:8469)
bootlog.log.txt:
4:655 0:000 PCI (00|00:1B.00) : 8086 1C20 class=040300
IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B:
Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 11.42.03.png

• It is really very complex and will need a lot of time and patience to do everything right for the first timers.
  • Most problems after trying that are the result of something being overlooked during a troubleshoot that involves picking and choosing things from different sources rather than one straight step-by-step Guide specifically intended for a particular set of hardware.
  • Since I don't have your set of hardware, I cannot easily post a list of steps for your hardware:cry:
  • Your last upload did not have everything in the problem report.zip [EX: No DPCIManager/Status screen shot]
  • Please make sure to include everything listed in the linked Guide and copied and pasted below for ease of finding.
    • Problem Reporting - Description, diagnostics, files, screenshots
      1. Description of audio problem
      2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
      3. Procedure/Guide Used
      4. Copy of IOReg - IOReg_v2.1/File/Save a Copy As…, verify file (Tools 2.)
      5. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)/File/Save a Copy As..
      6. Installed S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
      7. Screen shots:
        1. DPCIManager/Status (Tools 3.)
        2. System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
        3. System Preferences/Sound/Input
        4. System Preferences/Sound/Output
      8. Terminal/Shell/Export Test As. . . (if script used)
        1. audio_cloverALC-x0.command
      9. Clover
        1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
        2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log (Tools 3.)
        3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml (if installed)
        4. EFI/CLOVER/ACP/Patched/ssdt(s).aml (if installed)
      10. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post

I can confirm that the USB sound adapter worked; I'm happy with that - it gives me 3.5 jack's so that will do me. That just leaves me with a couple of general niggles and questions.

1. My mouse currently won't hover over anything - it clicks and right clicks fine, but it won't hover. I'm using a R.A.T.5 which it seems lots of people have issues with but I haven't found a solution. If anyone has an idea I'll try it, if they don't I'll just buy a new mouse (not a problem I'd just rather not).
2. Where do I stand with installing updates from App Store? Is it a bad idea?
3. My BIOS is still crashing when I boot (the very next time after I shut down, the second time it's fine)?
4. General question on Wine; anyone had success with it playing Windows games? I really hate having to reboot but I don't play anything that demanding. Overwatch and things.

I can confirm that the USB sound adapter worked; I'm happy with that - it gives me 3.5 jack's so that will do me. That just leaves me with a couple of general niggles and questions.

1. My mouse currently won't hover over anything - it clicks and right clicks fine, but it won't hover. I'm using a R.A.T.5 which it seems lots of people have issues with but I haven't found a solution. If anyone has an idea I'll try it, if they don't I'll just buy a new mouse (not a problem I'd just rather not).
2. Where do I stand with installing updates from App Store? Is it a bad idea?
3. My BIOS is still crashing when I boot (the very next time after I shut down, the second time it's fine)?
4. General question on Wine; anyone had success with it playing Windows games? I really hate having to reboot but I don't play anything that demanding. Overwatch and things.

My mouse currently won't hover over anything - it clicks and right clicks fine, but it won't hover. I'm using a R.A.T.5 which it seems lots of people have issues with but I haven't found a solution. If anyone has an idea I'll try it, if they don't I'll just buy a new mouse (not a problem I'd just rather not).

Don't know it will work but still worth a trial as it costs nothing:)
    • Try your Mouse for Hover function. If it works, log out
  • Now log in again with your account
    • Try the mouse if it has regained the lost function.
    • If lucky, you will get a working mouse.
My guess is , during all the troubleshoot something has gone wrong with some software. It can sometime need a safe boot to fix or using a different account .
Where do I stand with installing updates from App Store? Is it a bad idea?
I have updated with recommended updates without problem . In some of my computers I have installed the Beta Updates up to Beta 4 or 5 with no untoward result.

I always clone and create a spare disk when the system disk works flawlessly before I go for any updates on the System and once that works OK after update, I re-clone the Spare disk. I always have an up-to-date Spare disk to go in for rescue in a moment's notice! These clones are made using cheap SATA Spin disks of equal or larger size to that of the running System disk. I use Clonezilla a Freeware from Linux that runs in Mac |Windows| and Linux to clone any disks, SATA Spin or SSD to any Disk of equal or larger size. Please note a 500GB Seagate and a 500GB WDC may not be equal for some reason ( just a few megabytes short in Seagate compared to Western Digital and Clonezilla will not clone WDC to SGT !!!!!) .
My BIOS is still crashing when I boot (the very next time after I shut down, the second time it's fine)
I have seen this problem of occasional "OsxAptio Panic"
I cannot recall exactly how I fixed that annoying issue.
May be after CMOS Reset, it went away. You may try CMOS Reset unless someone can come with a really definite and better answer.

I have not used Wine in a while from my Linux as I started to use ExtFS for Windows and NTFS for Linux and similar software in Mac for cross platform access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back