Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Over the past weeks, Newegg has been receiving very bad press, amongst the You Tube computer hardware police at least. My experience of RMA'ing products from Newegg has been positive, (2 HP NVMe), so I'm not here to add to Neweggs current woe's. But to cheat a charity out of a product seems really low, via UFD Tech, that's just unacceptable!. The more voices that speak up about their experiences with Newegg, the better for everyone involved. Just don't buy refurbished or open box motherboards from them, I'd argue that you shouldn't really be doing that anyway, but I'm not everyone!.

They tried to rip me off on their price guarantee for the Black Friday promotion last year. Luckily I had made screen shots of the offer and the prices in effect for the low it got to, they are scummy weasels as far as I am concerned. Dozens of messages it took to finally get them to honor it. Don't know if it was the charge back I had started with my CC company that finally put me over the top on it or not.

On my last 3 builds I used Newegg or Amazon as sources, mostly Newegg as they had parts available and at better prices on some parts. Never had any problems dealing with either.

On my last 3 builds I used Newegg or Amazon as sources, mostly Newegg as they had parts available and at better prices on some parts. Never had any problems dealing with either.

Neither had I with Newegg until this last time. I too buy a lot of my parts from both, Amazon can be quite the rip off as well on their pricing if not careful you had better search around on the exact model you want to buy. And not on their website it will never list the cheapest for you. My last experience with Newegg was actually two bad ones. As I waited around a month for my last item I bought from that credit they give to arrive. A month or so before that Amazon sent me defective item, then had a piece of junk return policy they made me go through to get my money back. They sent me link to supposed RMA page in the smallest font possible I had to include in the parcel. I had my doubts it would ever be accepted as it was mostly unreadable even with magnifying glass I have when printed. I am not impressed with either at the moment. I only buy from them when they are the cheapest available as I am cheap SOB.

I am very cheap. I rarely touch new. When I do, I like it in my hand, so my local MicroCenter is really the only place I can physically go. Other than that, everything comes from eBay. I try to buy USA sellers only, but when you need that one goofy adapter that you don't think will never work (M.2 to PCIE for graphics card @craighazan ), I have to buy from China. I don't think I have ever purchased computer parts from Amazon or NewEgg directly, but I have had a few eBay purchases with NewEgg labels on them.

I am very cheap. I rarely touch new. When I do, I like it in my hand, so my local MicroCenter is really the only place I can physically go. Other than that, everything comes from eBay. I try to buy USA sellers only, but when you need that one goofy adapter that you don't think will never work (M.2 to PCIE for graphics card @craighazan ), I have to buy from China. I don't think I have ever purchased computer parts from Amazon or NewEgg directly, but I have had a few eBay purchases with NewEgg labels on them.

The R53SR!, what a find @phunguss!. Occasionally I will check the 'China sites' to just browse and see what they've come up with. My recent Motherboard, Asus Prime A320I-K, came from Ebay, the seller offered it to me for half retail, it arrived in excellent condition and happily runs Monterey. I did buy a refurbished Gigabyte board from Amazon once and it was a dud, I still have it because they wouldn't take it back. I would rather get something from eBay than trust Amazon or Newegg with their 'Refurbished' and 'Open Box' products.

Someone from Newegg will be on camera this week, addressing the current uproar, so keep an eye out for that. But IMO the damage has already been done no matter how much they apologize and sugar coat it.

I just caught up on the Gamers Nexus and UFD Tech videos. All I can say is, WOW!

I've been a customer of theirs for about a decade and have generally had good experiences except when I had to return things that arrived defective. I never had problems with returns not being accepted but hated that I had to pay for shipping when the reason for return was defective items due to no fault of mine.

About 3 years ago, a package from Newegg went missing and I never got it. Dealing with customer service was a pain and turned in to a weeks long ordeal. But in the end, they did make good and ship me the items I ordered.

Steve from Gamers Nexus is absolutely correct in that we need more that just Amazon for this sort of stuff. I hope Newegg rights the ship or, better yet, maybe another retailer will emerge as another alternative to Amazon and Newegg.

Waiting to see the GN update very soon.

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 4.45.41 PM.png

I get confused by Newegg. Some items seem to be from them, themselves while others are third-party. I know Amazon does this, but think it is clearer on Amazon for some reason. Having had horrible experiences with their third-party sellers I always aim for Amazon themselves if possible.

Whenever I visit Newegg US, I get offered a link for the UK, but have no idea if they are actually here, bricks and mortar.

I get confused by Newegg. Some items seem to be from them, themselves while others are third-party. I know Amazon does this, but think it is clearer on Amazon for some reason. Having had horrible experiences with their third-party sellers I always aim for Amazon themselves if possible.

Whenever I visit Newegg US, I get offered a link for the UK, but have no idea if they are actually here, bricks and mortar.

Yes, Newegg also has 3rd party sellers in their "marketplace". You can see who the seller is by looking at the following:

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 6.00.34 PM.png

You can also specify which sellers you want...

Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 5.59.09 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back