Contribute
Register

Newbie Needs Help with Siera And Clover Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't thank you enough for spending so much time to help with this...

Its working as it should from what I can tell. It looks like he was it was a simple as choosing the correct configuration. If anything I've learnt not to mess with that ever again.

If you have time, can I ask assuming FaceTime works on your Hackintosh, can you make and receive calls or only receive them?

For my current setup I can receive calls, but can't make any. I checked on my original Mac mini and seems to be the same problem.

Is that something to do with hackintosh or could be something related to the setup. When I go into contacts Im not able to click on the FaceTime icon.

I can't thank you enough for spending so much time to help with this...

Its working as it should from what I can tell. It looks like he was it was a simple as choosing the correct configuration. If anything I've learnt not to mess with that ever again.

If you have time, can I ask assuming FaceTime works on your Hackintosh, can you make and receive calls or only receive them?

For my current setup I can receive calls, but can't make any. I checked on my original Mac mini and seems to be the same problem.

Is that something to do with hackintosh or could be something related to the setup. When I go into contacts Im not able to click on the FaceTime icon.

Great to hear you got to the bottom of the problem. Glad I could help.:)

As for the FaceTime problems, yes, I have the same from time to time. Not sure what the cause of that is because Messages works perfectly. It's one of those things that I know if I meddle with might scupper something else and, as my hackintosh is 98% there, I am wary of upsetting anything! My present bug-bear is that iBooks displays as a transparent screen...

There's always something! :)

So I'm not only with FaceTime problems. I think after what happened, it's best to stick with what I've got as everything works fine, I think even iMessage works, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

You mention iBooks displays a transparent screen, it may well be the case for me as well. Something I'll have to try in the morning.

Once I gain more experience I'm thinking about building my own Hackintosh, that way at least I understood the ins and outs, unlike now where I don't either know what motherboard I'm using and if I want to update the graphics card which one To go for. Things like that are annoying when you buy a prebuilt machine.

It's getting late, but thanks again

Yes, building/running a hackintosh is always a compromise. Some people seem to have perfect machines, if reports are to be believed, but in my experience there is always something not quite 100%. Things change as Apple upgrade their O/S. For example playing bought (DRM) videos in iTunes was a no-no for a long time and has only recently been addressed, but again, with compromises.

I just keep up-to-date with this site and the great work being done by minds much cleverer than mine. There's always something interesting going on!

:)

After you confirmed that even your setup isn't 100%, that made me realize that its going to be tough to get it perfect like running an original Mac. At a quarter of the price I can't really complain. My machine wasn't expensive, but I would definitely like to jump in and build my own machine from scratch.

If you don't mind me asking where are from?

I had a look at your Lian-Li Gigabyte Z170MX-Gaming 5 Intel i3-6320 3.9ghz Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 16GB Gigabyte GT740 SC 2GB GDDR5.

It look like a nice setup. Did you have any previous experience building PC's before you took the plunge?

If I decide to build my own using the parts recommended under "Buyers Guide" do you know where I can find a how to guide on building the actual PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back