Contribute
Register

Newbie Needs Help with Siera And Clover Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have found the device code which is diskOs2, then downloaded EFI mounter v3 and run it. The only options that came up are

diskOs1
disk1s1

neither of which are the same as I have under the device section. At a wild guess I would say diskOs1 is what I need to click on, but thought I d better ask you first before I go ahead.

So far I have found the device code which is diskOs2, then downloaded EFI mounter v3 and run it. The only options that came up are

diskOs1
disk1s1

neither of which are the same as I have under the device section. At a wild guess I would say diskOs1 is what I need to click on, but thought I d better ask you first before I go ahead.

Yep, you are right - disk0s1 is the EFI partition on disk0s2 :)

everything is present exactly as you described. What next!

Good news :)

So far then ...

Originally you could boot into the Clover menu without UniBeast, but when you selected your Sierra drive got the prohibited sign?

Can you remember what changes you made trying to get Facetime/iMessage to work following that video?

My inclination is to suggest renaming your "config.plist' to something like config.old and then copying the one over from your UniBeast stick. It will be missing a lot of the configuration stuff but might get you booted...

If you want to try then you would mount the other EFI partition on your UniBeast stick and copy over it's "config.plist" etc. If that doesn't work we'll have to revert to that config.old etc.

We might have to use the Clover command-line or Terminal commands...

Last edited:
That's correct I could boot via the clover menu without unibeast.

I just loaded up clover and configorator and clicked on SMBIOS. I had no idea what configuration to chose from the drop down menu so chose iMac because I know that the system before. Apart from that I changed the serial number, board serial number and SmUUID, pretty much everything that was explained in the video

I can see your logic and think its the best option and don't mine trying if It will work.

How would go about copying the config list over as I can't see it the USB mounted on the desktop.

In other words I would change the "config.plist" in the EFI drive mounted on my desktop to config.old and then command-line or Terminal commands copy "config.plist" from my Unibeast USB. Is that correct?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 10.37.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 10.37.44 PM.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 10.30.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 10.30.51 PM.png
    193 KB · Views: 57
Well it's a tricky choice, only because if we change the config.plist and your system then won't work we would have to boot into the UniBeast stick and use Terminal to copy the old file back. From my end I'm not sure how confident you are doing that. You are clearly a proficient Mac user etc. but that is too easy for me to suggest...

Okay, worrying bit over :) The screen grabs show an older iMac8,1 system definition. Was this a change you made or how the PC originally came? I only ask because the Xeon CPU you have is particular about which system-definitions it will work with. What's more Sierra no-longer supports some older models. If it was supplied as this, then we can discount that as a problem...

(As a hint about this the latest UniBeast USB installer uses iMac14,2 as a default I believe)

Last edited:
I'm proficient enough in terms of using Mac OS, but not that experienced using terminal. I can follow instructions so pretty confident and willing to give it a try.

I changed the configuration to iMac8,1 system as I didn't know the best option to choose. I'm guessing that this may or may not have caused the problem. It doesn't help that seller is unresponsive so anything is worth trying.

I'm proficient enough in terms of using Mac OS, but not that experienced using terminal. I can follow instructions so pretty confident and willing to give it a try.

I changed the configuration to iMac8,1 system as I didn't know the best option to choose. I'm guessing that this may or may not have caused the problem. It doesn't help that seller is unresponsive so anything is worth trying.

No problem :) Hopefully we won't have to dip into that murky pool!

I'm beginning to think the system-definition is indeed the problem given your slightly rare Xeon CPU.

Okay, with the Sierra drive EFI partition mounted and the EFI/CLOVER folder open etc., back-up (copy) the "config.plist" to somewhere easy to find like your Downloads folder. Once done right-click on the original still in place and open it using Clover Configurator. Go to the SMBIOS tab and use the Magic Wand to select an iMac14,2 definition. Then save. Exit. Reboot etc.

(Note: If you need to maintain your serial number and all those other serials/UUIDs then copy them down somewhere for future restoring.)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back