Contribute
Register

Newbie Advise: My Spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimx86 said:
darthkir said:
Jim, i dont know if this is an issue but will my Samsung dvd burner work in os x?

It should be fine. I've heard a couple complaints, but nothing big. The one you want to avoid is LG.

And what do u know about MSI P55 CD53 ?

darthkir said:

I'm going to be honest and say basically nothing.

From 1 minute of researching:
It's P55 architecture, so it should be supported O.K.
It has ALC 889, so just use multibeast and install ALC 889 patch
It has Realtek 8111DL for LAN when most Gigabyte boards here use 8111D, so that might be an issue.

darthkir said:
Jim, i dont know if this is an issue but will my Samsung dvd burner work in os x?
darthkir,

As long as it's SATA, your Samsung drive should work.
The issues with LG and Samsung drives are that the drive will occasionally start spinning for no reason.

With my obsession for silent computing, it was critical enough for me.
And, as I was within the 14 days of purchase, I returned my drive and replaced it with a Sony-Optiarc...

A possible work-around is to leave a CD permanently in the drive, as this seems to alleviate the problem for some.

Hope this helps,
Lnx2Mac

jimx86 said:
darthkir said:

I'm going to be honest and say basically nothing.

From 1 minute of researching:
It's P55 architecture, so it should be supported O.K.
It has ALC 889, so just use multibeast and install ALC 889 patch
It has Realtek 8111DL for LAN when most Gigabyte boards here use 8111D, so that might be an issue.

you told before that the p55A-UD4P audio is not supported OOB... is there any workaround for it?

darthkir said:
you told before that the p55A-UD4P audio is not supported OOB... is there any workaround for it?

Yeah, sorry it's not OOB support, but it can be patched by the latest edition of MultiBeast. I prefer getting users the most support OOB so they don't have to do as many fixes during the installation process. Although that audio fix probably isn't too hard to do, sorry for not at least telling you about it! :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back